2022/23 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
He obviously thought he could keep it in, slid towards it, then realised it was out. Irrespective, Godfrey's stupid back pass led to the incident and his challenge led to the fracture.

Even if, say, Godfrey passed it back accurately to Pickford and, say, Jordan miskicked it, Godfrey was still responsible his own challenge.
As it panned out Godfrey was at fault. My point though is that if Pickford knew it had gone out then why didn't he just stop. The ball was 2 or 3 feet over the line. It was because he made an attempt to challenge that Godfrey decided to fly in. If Pickford had stopped then surely Godfrey would have realised that there was no need to make a challenge. The ball was dead when it crossed the line. Chelsea could not have scored a goal given this because even VAR could not have got that wrong. So let the Chelsea player roll the ball into an empty net and then let VAR rule it out then play on from a Chelsea corner.

As it panned out Godfrey was at fault. My point though is that if Pickford knew it had gone out then why didn't he just stop. The ball was 2 or 3 feet over the line. It was because he made an attempt to challenge that Godfrey decided to fly in. If Pickford had stopped then surely Godfrey would have realised that there was no need to make a challenge. The ball was dead when it crossed the line. Chelsea could not have scored a goal given this because even VAR could not have got that wrong. So let the Chelsea player roll the ball into an empty net and then let VAR rule it out then play on from a Chelsea corner.

Fair enough mate. The only thing i'd still question is the claim that Pickford knew it had gone out...when he slid in to try to prevent the corner, the ball was still in play. He misjudged it, yes but when he swung at it, the ball hadn't gone out.

He does. But thís wasn't one of them. A typical reaction from any keeper would be to try and keep a terrible back pass from going out for a corner.
I get that, but it was about a yard over the line lol

The linesman though, if he’d flagged in the first place, Godfrey doesn’t have to make that tackle.

Fair enough mate. The only thing i'd still question is the claim that Pickford knew it had gone out...when he slid in to try to prevent the corner, the ball was still in play. He misjudged it, yes but when he swung at it, the ball hadn't gone out.
We've all played football, I'm sure. We know when the ball has crossed the line. He's looking at the ball. Maybe he needs a visit to Specsavers.

IMG_0683.jpg

He was trying to recover a poor back pass in real time/full speed, I’ve been waiting for this kind of incident to happen from a tackle for a while with the stupid late flags and whistles unfortunately for us he injured himself but could of easily been 2 injured players from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.