2022/23 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we can go the whole season using only the same two centre backs in every game? If not, then it is pretty obvious we are not going to sell 3 of the other 4. Godfrey is going nowhere

719DC3CA-962C-43AC-A583-8A97ABA8721F.jpeg

….good seeing him at the game, I like it when injured players still want to be part of things.

Be good to see him back and learning from the two CBs we have now. I agree he has to develop, but would let others go before him.
We need back up for Coady and Tarks, (remembering Coady is only on loan also) but with Branthwaite underdevelopment perhaps he’ll not be a regular CB but a great option across the back line in the 5 subs scenario

Be good to see him back and learning from the two CBs we have now. I agree he has to develop, but would let others go before him.
We need back up for Coady and Tarks, (remembering Coady is only on loan also) but with Branthwaite underdevelopment perhaps he’ll not be a regular CB but a great option across the back line in the 5 subs scenario
I'd be shocked if we don't take the option on Coadey mate

….i’d be very disappointed if Godfrey doesn’t improve lots from playing alongside Coady or Tarkowski & being under the management of Lampard.

With the physical attributes he has, I can see him being first in the queue behind those two.

Be good to have him back actually, he was never a center back but since we are stuggling with either full back, and he can play those slots, it would be good to get him back and give him a go there

….everything he does has to be full-on & I just hope the injury will calm him down. If you have his physicality (pace & strength) you exploit that to be classy.

i was delighted we signed him but he‘s been too raw, every tackle doesn’t have to be like he’s running through a brick wall. The time out and the injury might be a blessing.

He’s definitely a CB & he’ll be needed as first choice cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.