2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the table mate.
We could be 4th on Thursday
Thats real undoubtable progress.
Well I certainly hope we are fourth after Thursday and I hope we stay there, or higher even, ‘til the end of the season, if we do even Carlo’s biggest doubters, I’m not one, will have to admit that is an incredible achievement with the squad he inherited, fingers crossed.

So you think we are underperforming then?
where do you think we should be in the table?
I’ve said we have underperformed in many games this season, and got good results that I never expected, so I think sixth or seventh is about right, the away form is above average for Everton, going over the last few years, the home form is the worst for a very long time.
Where do you think we should be in the table.

I’ve said we have underperformed in many games this season, and got good results that I never expected, so I think sixth or seventh is about right, the away form is above average for Everton, going over the last few years, the home form is the worst for a very long time.
Where do you think we should be in the table.
Well I think we are doing really well to be where we are in the table. Win on Thursday and we can go 4th (albeit for a couple of hours) and could be there with a game in hand.

it's silly to look at individual games and talk about underpeforming/overperforming.

I think we are doing really well. yes, we've dropped points in games were we are *expected* to win (but this is half the problem, the expectation that there are easy games) but overall, over the course of the season so far and given the circumstances and the squad, we are outperforming where I would have expected.

people will point to west ham, newcastle and fulham and say we should have won. if we had, we'd be second right now. I think that's an unrealistic goal this season.

in addition, talking about missed victories also fails to consider the other side of the argument. games where on paper we shouldn't have picked up any points. We've done very well against the top teams and that is an excellent platform for the next few seasons.

challenging for top 4 is beyond what most of our expectations were at the beginning of the season. we are going to lose games, we are going to drop points, we aren't city.

overall we are having a really good season and we are still capable of an amazing season (still in the cup, still in the chase for CL).

people need to move on from the poor performances, they happen to every team. we'll drop them as we build a better squad but to expect to be challenging for top 2 is unrealistic and beyond the squad we have at the moment.

Think he’s my favourite footballer.
I loved Maldini.
I loved Thuram.
I loved Montero and Ferrara at Juve.
Costacurta.
He could be this good if he wants to be.

Well I think we are doing really well to be where we are in the table. Win on Thursday and we can go 4th (albeit for a couple of hours) and could be there with a game in hand.

it's silly to look at individual games and talk about underpeforming/overperforming.

I think we are doing really well. yes, we've dropped points in games were we are *expected* to win (but this is half the problem, the expectation that there are easy games) but overall, over the course of the season so far and given the circumstances and the squad, we are outperforming where I would have expected.

people will point to west ham, newcastle and fulham and say we should have won. if we had, we'd be second right now. I think that's an unrealistic goal this season.

in addition, talking about missed victories also fails to consider the other side of the argument. games where on paper we shouldn't have picked up any points. We've done very well against the top teams and that is an excellent platform for the next few seasons.

challenging for top 4 is beyond what most of our expectations were at the beginning of the season. we are going to lose games, we are going to drop points, we aren't city.

overall we are having a really good season and we are still capable of an amazing season (still in the cup, still in the chase for CL).

people need to move on from the poor performances, they happen to every team. we'll drop them as we build a better squad but to expect to be challenging for top 2 is unrealistic and beyond the squad we have at the moment.
Fair enough, you love Everton and want the best for them, same as me, but I don’t think you can just move away from poor performances and leave it, especially when weakened teams have been selected, which they have, or when the team selected have given up without a fight, which they have, games where they haven’t had many or any shots on target, which has happened. We all love it when we have a good, or very good performances, which we have, and we go on and on about them which I understand, so why not talk about and discuss the bad performances, not hide them away and just move on, they happened, not once or twice but more often, and losing without any real fight, which no one should have to put up with, four home games on the trot they lost, that hadn’t happened for a very long time.

Praise and cheer them when they win, fine, I do it myself, let them know when they have let us down, what’s wrong with that, I honestly don’t see the problem.

Wouldn't charge you mate, I'm happy to upload the ones you want online somewhere for you to download.

Do me a favour and post a bit more so I can send you a private message. It's probably annoying everyone having this in the open on the forum
Sound mate my Instagram is ‘antjb1878’ and Facebook is ‘Anthony James’ if you wanna dm, thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.