2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning > 50% of your league games (when we’ve not had a manager do that since Kendall) with a squad not only not of your making, but that is cobbled together from 3 or 4 managers’ purchases is “ok” now.

Hope someone keeps you away from sharp objects lad.
Again, I was talking about two specific games, Fulham and Newcastle, both at home, he threw away the very chances of getting six points, what did you think of those two games, nothing else, just those two games?

He can only select ( & rotate ) what he has to do it with.
The Newcastle game we stunk , it happens to everyone bar City atm , its gone move on.

Not having the Fulham shout , team was out on its feet and the squad was suffering from 5 games in 15 days after heavy duty games at Old trafford and a 2 hour ding dong FA cup match with Spurs , something had to give , and it did in that game.
Its footie mate get over it .
We are in a great position with 12 games to go and quarters of the FA cup.
Should be optomistic my friend.
I think it is thirteen games to go to be honest and I hope we get into the top four, if we do Ancelotti will have done a terrific job, better than most of us hoped for with this squad, but he has made mistakes in many games with his selections, Newcastle twice, Southampton away, Leeds at home, West Ham at home, Burnley away all piss poor performances, Carlo is not infallible, and I expect him to be successful at Everton, but when he makes mistakes, as all managers do, then I think it is okay to call him out on them.

I think it is thirteen games to go to be honest and I hope we get into the top four, if we do Ancelotti will have done a terrific job, better than most of us hoped for with this squad, but he has made mistakes in many games with his selections, Newcastle twice, Southampton away, Leeds at home, West Ham at home, Burnley away all piss poor performances, Carlo is not infallible, and I expect him to be successful at Everton, but when he makes mistakes, as all managers do, then I think it is okay to call him out on them.
Look at the table mate.
We could be 4th on Thursday
Thats real undoubtable progress.

Again, I was talking about two specific games, Fulham and Newcastle, both at home, he threw away the very chances of getting six points, what did you think of those two games, nothing else, just those two games?
Except you said that he’d done “ok”

Or are you going to claim that comment was about those two games?

I was talking about two specific games, Carlo is doing okay with the squad he has been left with, I understand that, he gets plenty of praise when he deserves it, off me as well, he also gets stick when he deserves it. What did you think about the Newcastle and Fulham games, along with two or three more.
all I asked is if you thought we were underperforming?

not about individual games.

so you think we are having an ‘ok’ season?

Except you said that he’d done “ok”

Or are you going to claim that comment was about those two games?
How could I say he’d done okay in those two games, he cocked them up good time, he’s done okay with the squad he was left with, some games better than we expected, four losses at home on the run, in the league, ‘til tonight, against mediocre teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.