2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was right of Centre back looked more at right back to me talking of Carlo quote after match - our defence has to improve.......?
We are hemoraging goals ATM..
We are conceding at lot of goals, it's starts with the goalkeeper he's an average keeper who does not command his 6 yard box.mina is a clown.

I don’t recall any of the goals being Keane’s fault

Against man Utd it was holgate’s positioning that was poor

Keane has always managed to be in the right place at the right time and hasn’t made a mistake that has led directly to a goal

He also contributes at the other end with goals
He manages to be in the right place at the right time? He was in the middle of the penalty area for the first two United goals marking NO ONE, yesterday have a look at Fulham’s second goal, again he is marking NO ONE, he has NO awareness, never anticipates the second ball, his mind is two seconds behind the game, when Everton are finally improved by Carlo, which I expect, Michael won’t be in the team or at the club, in my opinion.

He manages to be in the right place at the right time? He was in the middle of the penalty area for the first two United goals marking NO ONE, yesterday have a look at Fulham’s second goal, again he is marking NO ONE, he has NO awareness, never anticipates the second ball, his mind is two seconds behind the game, when Everton are finally improved by Carlo, which I expect, Michael won’t be in the team or at the club, in my opinion.
Both goals yesterday were Mina’s fault not Keane’s

....you see Rodriguez with all that natural ability, grace and talent and then you see Godfrey who is raw and lacks finesse.

Defending, however, is something players should get better at with experience. Playing alongside and training with the right personnel is vital.

What a defender can have, however, is all the right physical and mental attributes on which to build and I really think Godfrey has that. He carries pace and power with an aggression our other CBs lack. He’ll need the right partner (Keane as far as I’m concerned) and I think he’ll make an immediate difference. There’ll be mistakes and he’ll need to bed in, but he will continually improve.

He’s a CB and nothing else.
I thought Ben played well yesterday, much better than the other two centre backs, Lookman did nothing against him, he had to go on the other flank before he created anything, went passed Digne easily and where was Keane? Ben will get better, as you acknowledge, and Keane will need Godfrey more than Ben will need Michael, he will get the crowd on his side when he gets a regular game, a very good defender who can play a bit. By the way Eggs, re your first line, I‘d like to see James play full back, now that would be a laugh and a day out for the winger who played against him.

We are conceding at lot of goals, it's starts with the goalkeeper he's an average keeper who does not command his 6 yard box.mina is a clown.

....at least two goals conceded in the last 6 league games says it all, and that’s with Allan shielding the back four.

The defensive unit isn’t working and Ancelotti has to address it from a tactics and personnel perspective.

Totally agree with that- A keeper where you seen defenders screaming at him to get of his line to collect a basic ball he should be coming to collect .......plus a back three with very little pace bar the inexperienced new player - Mina who just look at Fulhams first goal - slow on the turn - can't read the game .....
Kean is solid but needs pace around him e.g. Mountfied and Ratcliffe......Labone and Hurst .....you need a combination that works ....
Our playmaker should be central with a player in front of a decent right back teams pour down our right hand side now they have susssed us out - Even Coleman when fit struggles with no cover in front of him ......
The only ray of suns hine was the performance of Iwobi particularly in the first half with his best game ever .....did he play full back imo no ......but could definitely on that sort of form help any proper right back .......dropping Mina is a must as he is a liability at the back plus Olsen could shift our back line further up,the field as he commands his area !

Big strong centre half for a years time alongside branthwaite.
No guarentees of course but we've bought for the future. Mix it up with a few for now like Allan.

Thought he had a good game yesterday. Got done for the peno but that was a bit harsh tbf, RLC dummied himself as much as he did Godfrey and think the other CB would have tidied that up on the cover.

Played out of favoured position so far and hasn't disgraced himself.

Think him and Keane as a CB partnership should be given a go.

Big strong centre half for a years time alongside branthwaite.
No guarentees of course but we've bought for the future. Mix it up with a few for now to have pace - Carlo seems not to trust youth over the park they do trust youth .......
Braithwaite looks to have pace, the old adage if your good enough play the player ......despite his age.......Kean is experienced enough to fetch on a youngster- Kean is fa better to Mina but a better safer bet imo ....

Last edited:
Braithwaitevlooks to have pace - Carlo seems not to trust youth over the park they do trust youth .......
The old adage if your good enough play the player ......despite his age.......Kean is experienced enough to fetch a youngster- Kean is far too similar to amina but a better safer bet imo ....

Sort of agree but over the park they have a base that klopp has built for 4/5 years. Its easier slippng younger players into a team that are winning.
Younger players at Everton right now is harder to come into.

Status
Not open for further replies.