Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton have been linked to him the last few seasons so it's a yes from me.

I'm still smarting that we didn't get Moises Caicedo.
Me too. You could see from his games for Ecuador that the kid had it. OK, it's taken him a year to break into the side but he's still only 20 and he cost £4.5m. For that sort of money you can afford to take a punt. It's not as if he was under the radar at the time.

…..ffs, his own thread :red:
1660742593124.png

Ben Brereton Díaz looks a reasonable signing, if the price is right. His goals record is decent enough to merit consideration.

Ben Brereton Díaz looks a reasonable signing, if the price is right. His goals record is decent enough to merit consideration.

It's actually not when you take into consideration every season and not just last year. 22 in 38 was very good, but the year before it was 7 in 40 and in the 40 before that it was just 2.

He's spent his entire senior career in the Championship and overall his average is less than 1 in 4. Of course there's his age and a bad knee injury he had to take into consideration but for me he'd be a big gamble.

It's actually not when you take into consideration every season and not just last year. 22 in 38 was very good, but the year before it was 7 in 40 and in the 40 before that it was just 2.

He's spent his entire senior career in the Championship and overall his average is less than 1 in 4. Of course there's his age and a bad knee injury he had to take into consideration but for me he'd be a big gamble.
Yes, a big gamble - but a low outlay which perhaps justifies the gamble.

The outlay isn't really what's important with this one, it's how effective he can be. If he turns out no good then we'll really struggle because we can't score to save our lives without DCL.
Goals are not a guarantee with anyone we buy but this guy has a lot more senior games under his belt than most of his age, Championship and International experience. Played alongside some tasty players for chile as well as grinding through Championship games in Lancashire. Looks like a hard worker and not someone who would upset the dressing room (see Watford players). Family based in NW so no moving involved. Strong Chilean following - nice to see some new faces on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.