GrandOldTeam TV BEHIND ENEMY LINES - Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed. To say the least.

About the only thing most agree on is that he did a great job early on, and that he blotted his copybook in his early tenure at United with daft bids for our players, and some comments he made.

Some love his body of work here, some hate him for lowering expectations and essentially being viewed in a similar way some Arsenal fans view Wenger.

Personally, I think history will judge the Moyes years as "Stable". With a pretty decent record in the transfer market. He did bring some gems in.

...agree. The club has had a hand to mouth existence for many years and Moyes' ability in the transfer market (e.g. Cahill £1.5m; Arteta £2m etc) should not be underestimated. Stability was an achievement considering many clubs in a similar financial position slipped away.

Really hope our fans dont come out with any "going down chants" on Saturday, chances are they will be but lets try and be a bit dignified for once, the compassion we have shown to Bradley im sure has been very much recieved by Sunderland fans, besides always prefeared them to Newcastle!
Yes but I've been practicing.

I really like Sunderland and really dislike Moyes.

The best outcome IMO is we smash them 7-1 again, the gunfight knife wielder gets sacked on the bus home, Sunderland go on a great run and stay up with the absolute cretins from the Midlands that are Leicester City going down in their place.

What's your guys opinion on Moyes? From an neutral/outside perspective, it seemed you loved him at the time he left (I remember seeing your last game under him and you seemed a bit sad he left), but now there seems to be a little bit of a "haha" towards his career since.

I don't like him, to be honest.

You summed it up perfectly in your video tbh mate.

I am appreciative of him turning it round, he saved Kenwright so much that he became stagnant as he was untouchable. He regularly lowered targets and ambition to make us believe "little old Everton" were doing well to finish 8th, when the reality is, he never beat united Chelsea, Arsenal or united away in his tenure.

His class after he left, trying to tap up Baines and then ultimately going for fellaini (worked out great mind!), says everything. He held on for that United job and we all knew it.

Martinez came in and instantly unbanned all the former managers and brought a feel good factor backs to the club!
Whilst he was a fraud, was so refreshing I. That first season to actually attack bigger clubs.

However, I do think you have to give Moyes time to actually do something, signing Pienaar and Lescott though? lol

What's your guys opinion on Moyes? From an neutral/outside perspective, it seemed you loved him at the time he left (I remember seeing your last game under him and you seemed a bit sad he left), but now there seems to be a little bit of a "haha" towards his career since.

I don't like him, to be honest.

When he left the fans where a bit split about him, with a large portion reckoning he'd gone stale and taken us the limit he was capable of, and welcomed a change.

He burnt his bridges with us by firstly trying to nick Baines on the cheap and throwing in a dig about he'd have let them leave for the good of their careers etc as Everton manager, then it came out he'd known for months prior to leaving he was going which was opposite of what he'd said etc which annoyed as well.

Loved seeing him crash and burn at United especially and Sociedad as well.

Opinion on him now, the image and respect he had at Everton which allowed him to get players performing above their level has gone, and without that he's just a bang average manager with outdated tactics mate. Think allardyce is encountering the exact same thing with palace as well

Sad to see Sunderland struggling again this year like, have a long affinity with the place going back 25 years.

Went to Uni at Sunderland, really like the city and the folk there, though my experience at the New Monkey wasn't a good one. Hope they stay up and go on a sick run (after we've battered them of course). Going down is never the best option for any club.

Thanks to @Adam-GOTTV and @GrahamRokerReport for a decent little video

Used to have some boss boozers and clubs up Sunderland, Annabel s on a Tuesday night wrecked Wednesday's lectures every week.

Well done lads, good to watch.

I did wonder though, is there any good dogging sites in Sunderland.
No.
When he left the fans where a bit split about him, with a large portion reckoning he'd gone stale and taken us the limit he was capable of, and welcomed a change.

He burnt his bridges with us by firstly trying to nick Baines on the cheap and throwing in a dig about he'd have let them leave for the good of their careers etc as Everton manager, then it came out he'd known for months prior to leaving he was going which was opposite of what he'd said etc which annoyed as well.

Loved seeing him crash and burn at United especially and Sociedad as well.

Opinion on him now, the image and respect he had at Everton which allowed him to get players performing above their level has gone, and without that he's just a bang average manager with outdated tactics mate. Think allardyce is encountering the exact same thing with palace as well

Sad to see Sunderland struggling again this year like, have a long affinity with the place going back 25 years.
Allardyce was far superior to this bloke.

Think he's a total fraud. You need to be someone with passion and a proudness about you to manage Sunderland I think. Peter Reid was ideal for us. Passionate, vocal and had a clue about what kind of player it took to succeed here. Moyes doesn't seem to know, nor care. It's like he hates the damn place and it's a chore for him to be here,

We'll no doubt pay Moyes a back-handed compliment on Saturday by acknowledging his existence with vitriol. Didn't want him to leave, but was glad pretty quickly during Martinez (season 1). I often smile at his prophetic words c.2008: *paraphrases* "the grass is never greener than at GP".

Haha Annabells. Bloody hell. Idols as well.

Chambers was a no go on Friday/Saturdays for any lads at uni who weren't scousers or local lads, any other accent would get you filled in by the locals.

Bentleys on a Thursday was boss before they changed it to pazaaz or something, trying to remember the other ones, was there a place called the blue monkey which got closed down after some drugs scandal there, seem to remember it was a cracking place, and one called the kue/cue club or something?

Overall had a brilliant time there though, top top lads and lasses compared to the horse punchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.