BBC Radio Merseyside - Greatest PL Team Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southall
Coleman Jags Lescott Baines
Kanchelskis Parkinson Speed Pienaar
Lukaku Rooney

martyn was great, but nobody replaces big Nev in my eyes. That back four is the best we have fielded in the prem in my opinion, I can’t leave Pienaar out because him and Baines were as good a pairing as any I saw in the period, I couldn’t leave joe out, Speed and Kanchelskis pick themselves and that frontline would have frightened the crap out of any defence!

Mad cause of how good Baines is/was that Hinchcliffe never got in.

ironic too, that the best free kick takes I’ve seen for Everton are also those two.

Dunno if anyone is aware, but BBC Radio Merseyside is currently running a twitter poll to gauge Everton’s greatest PL side.

Currently up to CM.

So far it’s;

Southall
Baines
Distin
Jagielka
Coleman
Kanchelskis
Pienaar
Arteta (not confirmed but almost certainly)

I voted for Dave Watson as a CB I must be honest.

Now the right is sorted think we have
Jagielka had Torres in his pocket when both were in their prime. Not many could do that.
Jags was superb, we did not have a complete team in his time, but he was worthy of a league medal in his prime. As was Baines, Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta, Lescott and Watson. Baines/Pienaar....have you ever seen a combo as good as that?

So at the moment on the poll the team is 90% Moyes with Big Nev and Andrei added, the first striker vote is looking a straight head to head between Big Dunc and Rooney, the second vote I’d expect will be a runaway from Lukaku unless Richarlison or Yakubu are on the vote

Dunno if anyone is aware, but BBC Radio Merseyside is currently running a twitter poll to gauge Everton’s greatest PL side.

Currently up to CM.

So far it’s;

Southall
Baines
Distin
Jagielka
Coleman
Kanchelskis
Pienaar
Arteta (not confirmed but almost certainly)

I voted for Dave Watson as a CB I must be honest.

Of course you voted for Waggy , you have some sense . He was my favourite CB although I concede not our best one but he's my captain .
I would swap Peanut for Warzycha because he was awesome and I won't even debate it .
And where the hell is Cahill or Parkinson ?

Of course you voted for Waggy , you have some sense . He was my favourite CB although I concede not our best one but he's my captain .
I would swap Peanut for Warzycha because he was awesome and I won't even debate it .
And where the hell is Cahill or Parkinson ?
Cahill is one of the CM’s

Thank you , I did think that would be rather strange not to have the greatest living Aussie in our team .
I hope Carsley gets at least a nod .

Status
Not open for further replies.