BBC Radio Merseyside - Greatest PL Team Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southall, look I love big nev, but can he really go down as our best PL goalkeeper? He was great in the 80s but is he really worthy of the accolade of our best PL keeper? In my opinion that should be Martyn.

Martyn
Coleman Jagielka Watson Baines
Kanchelskis Arteta Speed Richarlison
Lukaku Yakubu​

Have we had a decent left winger since Limpar?

Martyn
Coleman Jagielka Watson Baines
Kanchelskis Arteta Speed Richarlison
Lukaku Yakubu​

Have we had a decent left winger since Limpar?
I think I'd have Cahill ahead of speed, but other than that I'd agree with the rest, although it's sad that Yakubu gets in there, he was only good the reason it's sad is because we haven't had anyone better than him, perhaps Campbell would push for that spot?

Best team
Southall
Coleman Jags Watson Baines
Klanchelskis Arteta Carsley Peinaar
Cahill
Lukaku

If I was picking the team
Southall
Coleman Jags Lescott Baines
Klanchelskis Arteta Gueye Peinaar
Richarlison Lukaku

Southall, look I love big nev, but can he really go down as our best PL goalkeeper? He was great in the 80s but is he really worthy of the accolade of our best PL keeper? In my opinion that should be Martyn.
While I appreciate your point because Martyn was a brilliant keeper, even in his waning years of the early 90s Southall was a fabulous keeper who contributed a lot.

While I appreciate your point because Martyn was a brilliant keeper, even in his waning years of the early 90s Southall was a fabulous keeper who contributed a lot.
PL started 92/93 I'm not sure he was good enough for enough time after that to justify his inclusion in this list.

Richarlison > Piennar.

One day we’ll all look back at this and feel a bit embarrassed that anyone even considered otherwise.

Imagine the goals for tally from a team containing 2 decent forwards along with Richarlison and Kanchelskis on each wing.
I think they’ll count him as a forward later in the polls rather than a winger mate.

Each to their own, but I remember enough times in those early years where he got us out of a lot of trouble with his quality. Martyn a close second.
Have a rewatch of the 95 final. He won that game, not Rideout.

We were so lucky to have Kanchelskis for the time we did. What a player.
Trevor Steven is my all time favourite Everton player and as a right winger - class personified. But for an 18 month period with us, Andrei gave a level of performance few of us had witnessed prior to his signing and definitely since. So Everton that we only got to enjoy it for a short period.

Taking this very loosely of course, if they kicked a premier league ball theyr'e in.
On their best form, before any injuries, aka, fantasy Island stuff.

Southall
Coleman Jagielka Lescott Baines
Carsley (Capt.)
Arteta Pienaar...these 4 in a flexible diamond...or as a flat 4; Fellaini Arteta Carsley Pienaar*
Fellaini
Kanchelskis Rooney

*I mean theres no point in asking Andre to track back is there, but those 4 will. So when defending, put him on their last man on the halfway with Rooney on the edge of the box to pick it up and feed him.
Run forrest run
No Cahill????

Be interesting to see what we think is the worst Everton team of the Prem era............loads of contenders. :eek: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.