Baxter Busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth was the lad thinking about? Despite him playing for the reserves last night, his Everton career could well be over before it has begun. Unless Baxter has Gerrard like influences which i very much doubt, he will find himself in serious trouble after his court case. Gerrard's reputation remained intact after his assault on Mr DJ but Baxter does'nt have the same power to escape the many loopholes in this countries judicial system.

If tis as big a deal as people are making out he wouldnt have played last night.

Personally i think hes a victim of circumstance here and i wouldnt be surprised if he was acting the big man with a couple of lads but didnt know what was going on - theres a massive difference between being in pocession of drugs and intent to supply.

He was . He did , and THEREIN lies the problem .
Let's hope it's lesson learned , but the Club had no choice but to include him - or at least publically back him -, on the basis of innocent until proven otherwise , etc . It'll be when they answer Police bail and get charged or not .
People on here will confirm that the lad is NOT niave , and , if anything has a bit of an attitude . Now , that's an easy option for a 17 year old pro - footballer ,I acknowledge , but he's showing signs of going down the wrong road . Irrespective of Monday night .
That's the issue here , but hopefully , it's nothing and we all move on . Or maybe not .
We shall see .

why should they and us believe him. if he is stupid enough to do what he has been accused of lying shouldn't be an issue for him.

It doesn't matter a fig what we believe. It's about what the police believe and what the club believe, and they will have a great deal more information than us.

Spoke to me arle man in Kirkby. Says know one doesnt really know much or where about it was. But most are saying he was stitched up somehow. The age difference in the fellers and the fact he was playing straight into the reserve team game the day he was bailed probably points to the fact that he's not done much wrong. Or at least not enough for the club, the police and everyone else to come down on him like a ton of bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.