Barkley..again

Football is fickle, I would take him back based on his form maybe agents advice was involved but that doesn't involve feelings . what I saw at Luton game the lad loves the club and probably blew it and he knows it .. different circumstances would say blow out of your arse but he would suit us on a free bodies needed in this squad..I would take him back didn't think I would say this.

Couple of months ago I be saying absolutely not. The way the finances are I'd take anyone at this stage to fill positions but he won't be coming back here anyway

I made a thread last year asking if you would have him back, what’s your opinion now?

He’s had a great season at Luton, would walk into our team in my opinion. I also want James back so maybe I’m just bored of no skill in the team.

Utftt
tenor.gif

Is this obsession with nostalgia and sentimental feelings something Kenwright instilled in Evertonians or has it always been this way and he tapped into it?

It's weird. Most players are hated or downplayed when they're here, they leave and are suddenly proclaimed as better than they were or fans beg for them to come back.

James is a laughable one. He's had trouble everywhere he's been, several clubs let him go and fans are begging for his return. Still blind that he would've pushed to get out of Everton.

Stop looking back, stop wanting players on huge wages or players who are past it. We need hungry, affordable players who will give everything.
We are shopping in a bargain bucket, every player will some sort of baggage. It’s a question of whether we can get a decent tune out of the dross we could possibly sign.

Football is fickle, I would take him back based on his form maybe agents advice was involved but that doesn't involve feelings . what I saw at Luton game the lad loves the club and probably blew it and he knows it .. different circumstances would say blow out of your arse but he would suit us on a free bodies needed in this squad..I would take him back didn't think I would say this.
Only on a free

I never thought I could forgive him - but we're all young once and sometimes our heads get turned with bad advice.
He did the dirty - but he is still a quality footballer and like it or not will always be an Evertonian.
I think he'd be great for us to supplement the middle of midfield. Especially if Onana has to be sold for FFP.

I would have him back tomorrow, he's better in my opinion than anything we have at the moment, forget the past and move on, we all make mistakes.