Banners

Banners at Goodison

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
877202.jpg

Where was this picture taken? At Wembley?

Didn't a drum once appear in the gwaldys in the late 90s and everyone started singing 'you can stick your f ing drum up your arse'? Never to be heard again? Or did I imagine it?

I think I remember this too, but swear it lasted for more than one game. I think it might have been the 97/98 season but could be wrong.

What's that Everton banner on the m6 heading south round stoke?
Has anyone ever clicked on the website its advertising?

Basically Woods profited from the death of a business partner. It's not really got anything to do with Everton other than the fact that he is on the board. Obviously with Everton being a known commodity you chuck that in there to get some extra eyes on whatever stuff is being alleged.

Not a fan of banners by the way. They are boss in certain places, German clubs do good banners for example, English clubs tend to do a few minty bedsheets with paint on them and they look rubbish.

They also enable fans to wave scarves upside down which should result in a lifetime ban.

When we play in Europe all you see everywhere is a sea of Everton flags, Lille was unbelievable for Everton flags/banners. Personally don't understand why we go mad for it abroad but so against it at Goodison. IMO it helps create the atmosphere and I like the big ones they do every now and then in the Gwladys Street. 100% a yes from me ...

FB_IMG_1539475207059.jpg

I agree about the clapping. With a full house it made an intimidating sound.

I think it started after 1962 World Cup when we saw and heard Brazil fins chanting and clapping:
BRA ZIL clap clap clap
BRA ZIL clap clap clap etc
We sang Ev er ton! clap clap clap. etc

In the same year a song called 'Let's go' was released by an obscure group I had to look up.
It started:

Clap clap
Clap clap clap
Clap clap clap clap
Let's Go!

We sang that as a chant but eventually the Let's go! was left out and replaced by two more claps

First is the original song. (Memories for some) and the chant later.

https://www.fanchants.com/football-songs/everton-chants/clap-everton/

Status
Not open for further replies.