Banners

Banners at Goodison

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Terracotta

Player Valuation: £70m
Not banner related but similar!anyone recall a semi final at villa park?around the the time of the inflatable banana craze,the teams ran out this sides section of the holte end awash with bananas,the far end(Evertonians)nothing,bar for an inflatable"lady"perched on a fans shoulderslol

cooperman

Player Valuation: £1.5m
No, Liverpool did not invent them. Let’s face it, they think they’ve invented everything from banners to the colour purple.

@Adam-GOTTV brought this up privately earlier, and we may discuss this come the next podcast. My feeling is that I’d have no problem with it, but short and concise is probably best. Over-long poetry is deffo kopite behaviour.

What’s your thoughts on banners at Goodison? Here's some from the 1984 final.

View attachment 50291
"Graeme doesn't need harp to stay sharp"

Can't believe that was the best someone came up with...

cooperman

Player Valuation: £1.5m
Not banner related but similar!anyone recall a semi final at villa park?around the the time of the inflatable banana craze,the teams ran out this sides section of the holte end awash with bananas,the far end(Evertonians)nothing,bar for an inflatable"lady"perched on a fans shoulderslol
Didn't city start the inflatable banana thing?

Creature

I'm a Country Member

I remember the 'lady' at hillsborough in 77 against villa in 2nd semi replay. Police charged in to confiscate it as they thought it was obscene. Not sure if the lad got it back after the match tho.

degsy

Player Valuation: £70m
No, Liverpool did not invent them. Let’s face it, they think they’ve invented everything from banners to the colour purple.

@Adam-GOTTV brought this up privately earlier, and we may discuss this come the next podcast. My feeling is that I’d have no problem with it, but short and concise is probably best. Over-long poetry is deffo kopite behaviour.

What’s your thoughts on banners at Goodison? Here's some from the 1984 final.

View attachment 50291
Those type are OK,
Its the big 50ft kopite type that are well...kopite
So for that reason
I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks