Bainesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah. i thought taking a dig at lescott just so you can stick up for baines was odd.

toxteth blue. last year's player of the season?

clue 1: a player who you do not think has quality on the ball.
clue 2: a player who won an England cap whilst playing left back.
clue 3: the one player who if was sold would cause uproar. well- more so than baines

erm... so you still think lescott doesn't have enough quality on the ball?

i mean, sure thing stick up for baines, but don't sell out over it!!!

yeah. i thought taking a dig at lescott just so you can stick up for baines was odd.

toxteth blue. last year's player of the season?

clue 1: a player who you do not think has quality on the ball.
clue 2: a player who won an England cap whilst playing left back.
clue 3: the one player who if was sold would cause uproar. well- more so than baines

erm... so you still think lescott doesn't have enough quality on the ball?

i mean, sure thing stick up for baines, but don't sell out over it!!!

I'm giving my honest opinion on Lescott's style of play at left back. He has his strengths but he also has his weaknesses in that position. I'm not taking a dig at all.

He's very good at powering past people and dribbling in a straight line. He's also good at hitting teams on the break with his pace and power. His weaknesses are he lacks agility. Anyone who's that tall and so well built is going to have trouble with so much twisiting and turning. He also lacks technique and passing ability. He has a tendency to give up possession when he's cramped out. I don't blame him for this. He's a centre half and he's not a natural ball player.

If we want to play better football then we need players who are going to keep hold of possession in tight areas and distribute well. Baines being more technically gifted, more agile and better on the ball would be better in that department.

I'm not doubting Lescott's importance to the team but I'm not going to lie about him. He like Baines has his weaknesses. Did anyone see him against Russia? That game proved for me that whilst he has a good fullback he hasn't got a future at left back for England. I think Baines does and with a bit more experience he'll get into the England team. Lescott's future is centre half. He's a superb centre half and doesn't have many if any weaknesses in that position. He also wants to play there.

Most of Lescott's goals come from set pieces so the 10 goals from left back argument is a moot point.

I do also feel that Micknick was spot on before Baines got injured he was our best player by far. Especially in the match against Manchester United he was up against Cristiano Ronaldo who didn't get a sniff all game.

I do like Lescott at left back at times he's like a freight train running up the wing and not many teams have a powerful left back like lescott I do believe that Baines is more then capable of filling the boots of lescott at left back though, if we don't give him the chance to show us what he's capable of then we could be missing out on a world class left back.

We know what Yobo, Jags and Lescott are all about they showed us last year that they make a formidable team at the back I now want to see what Baines could add to the back four.

Most of Lescott's goals come from set pieces so the 10 goals from left back argument is a moot point.

I do also feel that Micknick was spot on before Baines got injured he was our best player by far. Especially in the match against Manchester United he was up against Cristiano Ronaldo who didn't get a sniff all game.

I do like Lescott at left back at times he's like a freight train running up the wing and not many teams have a powerful left back like lescott I do believe that Baines is more then capable of filling the boots of lescott at left back though, if we don't give him the chance to show us what he's capable of then we could be missing out on a world class left back.

We know what Yobo, Jags and Lescott are all about they showed us last year that they make a formidable team at the back I now want to see what Baines could add to the back four.

Not your typical set piece goals though. He takes up some lovely positions and takes them like like a top class striker

Posted via Mobile Device

Not your typical set piece goals though. He takes up some lovely positions and takes them like like a top class striker

Posted via Mobile Device

I agree Lescott would play to a high standard anywhere on the pitch he's a top class footballer and reads the game really well.

His goals to shots ratio says it all really.

Spot on mate.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.