Bad luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billycopper

Player Valuation: £40m
I read a stat that Arsenal had 4 shots on target and scored 2 goals and that Stoke had 3 shots on target and scored 2 goals. Are teams being clinical against us or are we just unlucky?

I think that teams know that they can bide their time against us and that we'll always make at least one mistake that they can profit from. How can we counter that? I'm sure that we're not making mistakes on purpose but maybe over-playing, lack of concentration and not being quite as organised as we should be are behind it?

Maybe we need to go safety first? If we played not to lose our remaining ten games and finished each one with at least a draw that would put us on 38 points and virtual safety.

Luck has nothing to do with it. Liverpool had more shots in the game before Howard was gifted his place back and though Robles didn't make any outstanding saves, his positioning made them look a lot easier.

tim-howard-santa-claus.jpg

I read a stat that Arsenal had 4 shots on target and scored 2 goals and that Stoke had 3 shots on target and scored 2 goals. Are teams being clinical against us or are we just unlucky?

I think that teams know that they can bide their time against us and that we'll always make at least one mistake that they can profit from. How can we counter that? I'm sure that we're not making mistakes on purpose but maybe over-playing, lack of concentration and not being quite as organised as we should be are behind it?

Maybe we need to go safety first? If we played not to lose our remaining ten games and finished each one with at least a draw that would put us on 38 points and virtual safety.

Luck has nothing to do with playing a keeper who is consistently costing us goals. I am sure you would find similar stats for most games Howard has played this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.