Bad luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard has been appalling, but I'd maintain that it's tactical, our opposition are more often than not happy to let us hog the ball because they know when we make a mistake, they will catch us on the back foot and create a goal scoring opportunity. Story of the season.

With all the players we keep back playing in our own half i am surprised we concede like we do.
The best form of defence is attack and we don't do that

Playing sh!t, have done since 1 of this season.

Luck has nothing to do with

We didn't deserve nothing from the last 2 games because, I may have already said it, we're playing sh!t

We've had our moments of bad luck but no worse than others, we've just been poor.

No one's immune to blame on this, from Martinez to Lukaku. All players and staff need to assess their performances this season and I'm sure not one will admit they've reached the required standard.

I read a stat that Arsenal had 4 shots on target and scored 2 goals and that Stoke had 3 shots on target and scored 2 goals. Are teams being clinical against us or are we just unlucky?

I think that teams know that they can bide their time against us and that we'll always make at least one mistake that they can profit from. How can we counter that? I'm sure that we're not making mistakes on purpose but maybe over-playing, lack of concentration and not being quite as organised as we should be are behind it?

Maybe we need to go safety first? If we played not to lose our remaining ten games and finished each one with at least a draw that would put us on 38 points and virtual safety.

Unlucky?

Yes.....on many occasions this season.

To counter this, we need to get luckier.

Instead of turning away from goal when "nothing is on", try shooting more often.

Happen then we will start scoring lucky goals.

Unlucky?

Yes.....on many occasions this season.

To counter this, we need to get luckier.

Instead of turning away from goal when "nothing is on", try shooting more often.

Happen then we will start scorung lucky goals.
The harder you try the luckier you get.
It would also help if we knocked that little round thing forwards instead of backwards

Howard has been appalling, but I'd maintain that it's tactical, our opposition are more often than not happy to let us hog the ball because they know when we make a mistake, they will catch us on the back foot and create a goal scoring opportunity. Story of the season.

Someone posted the other week about Jose Mourinho thinks about possession football.

Jose reckons football matches are won by the team making fewest mistakes.

And that the team which has the ball the most is more likely to make mistakes than the other team.

Sums up our season, that.

:(

Someone posted the other week about Jose Mourinho thinks about possession football.

Jose reckons football matches are won by the team making fewest mistakes.

And that the team which has the ball the most is more likely to make mistakes than the other team.

Sums up our season, that.

:(

He did say that to counter a point about Barca (and more specifically Guardiola), I'd imagine his current Chelsea team and his previous Real Madrid teams had the vast majority of possession against most teams.

He's a master at getting the right win, if it calls for attacking he'll go all out, if it calls for defensive solidarity he'll do that as well. But that's what you get with Mourinho and his £10m a year contract.

We've had our moments of bad luck but no worse than others, we've just been poor.

No one's immune to blame on this, from Martinez to Lukaku. All players and staff need to assess their performances this season and I'm sure not one will admit they've reached the required standard.

Apart from Howard who never did nothing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.