AZ Alkmaar v Everton - UEFA Cup - Thursday 20th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill, Joseph Yobo, Tim Howard and leading scorer Ayegbeni Yakubu are among those who have stayed behind on Merseyside, while a broken toe has ruled Leon Osman out for the next four to six weeks.

Seems were using the opportunity to give a break to some of our key players, keeping them fresh for the United game.

Anyone for revising the team?

Anyone think Van der Meyde will be playing?
[MEDIA]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2007/12/18/nfaggot118.jpg[/MEDIA]

Wessels, Ruddy, Lescott, Jagielka, Hibbert, Valente, Boyle, Irving, Rodwell, Pienaar, Vidarsson, Kissock, Gravesen, Carsley, McFadden, Johnson, Anichebe, Vaughan.

is the squad for the AZ game. would love to see Kissock and Rodwell get a run out.

Wessels, Ruddy, Lescott, Jagielka, Hibbert, Valente, Boyle, Irving, Rodwell, Pienaar, Vidarsson, Kissock, Gravesen, Carsley, McFadden, Johnson, Anichebe, Vaughan.

is the squad for the AZ game. would love to see Kissock and Rodwell get a run out.

Wessels
Hibbert - Jagielka - Lescott - Valente

Pienaar - Gravesen - Carsley - McFadden

Johnson - Vaughan

Bench: Ruddy, Rodwell, Boyle, Irving, Vidarrson, Kissock, Anichbe

Last edited:
Well I've got to admit that no VDM for even this match in Holland means he's done.

Really too bad as I think we all remember what kind of player he used to be at Ajax and then for awhile at Inter.

I'm sure there are other professional footballers who's careers have fallen this far this fast but off the top of my head, I can't remember too many.

Hopefully he'll get a move back to Holland, get his life sorted out as well as his football.

(EDIT) Found this story which explains his absence. Goes a long to explaining why he isn't in the squad but surely he needed to play in this match.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=70146

Last edited:

I think moyes would be sticking to the normal formation we've been successful recently, it would likely be this line up:-

--------------- Wessels ----------------

Hibbert - Jagielka - Lescott - Valente

--------------- Carsley ----------------

McFadden - Neville - Gravesen - Pienaar

--------------- Anichebe/AJ -----------

Hopefully without moving Neville back into midfield mate, he's almost always gash when he plays there.

I hope to see a couple of the youngsters get a run out, Rodwell, Vidarsson, Kissock etc.

Hopefully without moving Neville back into midfield mate, he's almost always gash when he plays there.

I hope to see a couple of the youngsters get a run out, Rodwell, Vidarsson, Kissock etc.

Ok, then sorry Hibbert you won't be playing because chico says so:-

Neville - Jagielka - Lescott - Valente

McFadden - Vidarsson - Gravesen - Pienaar

How about this one? Neville back at where he plays best and Vidarsson given a chance to shows us if he could make it, just don't believe the young defender would get a chance when we have enough senior defender available, same goes with Striker!

Well I've got to admit that no VDM for even this match in Holland means he's done.

Really too bad as I think we all remember what kind of player he used to be at Ajax and then for awhile at Inter.

I'm sure there are other professional footballers who's careers have fallen this far this fast but off the top of my head, I can't remember too many.

Hopefully he'll get a move back to Holland, get his life sorted out as well as his football.

(EDIT) Found this story which explains his absence. Goes a long to explaining why he isn't in the squad but surely he needed to play in this match.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=70146

TX believe me he is through, he is an ex-blue, shuffled off the GP surface, a dead footballer gone to the ground invisible;) ;)

That looks better mate, I reckon he may switch to 4-4-2 to give two forwards a game. Plus McFadden is [Poor language removed] on the wing.

This Vidarsson is meant to be alright though.

Ok, then sorry Hibbert you won't be playing because chico says so:-

Neville - Jagielka - Lescott - Valente

McFadden - Vidarsson - Gravesen - Pienaar

How about this one? Neville back at where he plays best and Vidarsson given a chance to shows us if he could make it, just don't believe the young defender would get a chance when we have enough senior defender available, same goes with Striker!

Moyes phoned him at theree o'clock to ask;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.