Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's obvious his dad/agent is touting Witsel to Napoli but in football money talks and if it's true we have offered £30 million for him I massively doubt Napoli will go and spend probably more than half or 3 quarters of their budget on a player in the last year of his contract.

What I think has happened is that talks have gone on with Napoli for a while with a price being banded out then we have come in out of nowhere ala Chelsea and offered big money. I think it could be a goer as Paul Brown said we are set to sign him rather than "Everton bid for Witsel".

Better players cost more money.

You want to go cheap you get cleverley level of appointments. Decent but nowhere near the level you want to be at. If it costs 30 million to get a really good player then fair enough.
Is he even that good?

Didn't stand out for Belgium, and I doubt many people have been watching Zenit's games.

I remember him and Defour were highly rated at Liege, but he's hardly set the world alight.

Either way... We've gone from posted on the OS.

Banega deal agreed.... To

Eder locking himself in an airport toilet,

To...

Witsel, Schneiderlin, Strootman, Pelle and a load more being not just linked but legitimate, realistic, in our budget signings.

This could be a great time to be an evertonian. Could.

Under Kenwright I would be terrified this deal wouldn't happen but I'm confident under Moshiri expecially in this opening period of his tenure that he'll throw whatever money is needed to get Koemans players in for the squad rebuild. I just cant see Napoli offering€34 million euro's for him. If the reports are true I think he'll be our first big signing.

He's been awful at the euros. attitude in football is a massive factor on a players ongoing performances. The fact that he was happy to go to Russia says a lot. £30m ~ on him seems a massive gamble.

No better than Besic

Waste of funds

I mean you must know that is not even remotely true right? The gulf in quality between the two is enormous, the gulf in quality between Witsel and any of our centre mids apart from Barry (God I wish he was 5 years younger) is enormous. The price is excessive but he would undoubtedly be a big upgrade in this position.

Status
Not open for further replies.