Austrian signs pro deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's Good! Good to know that our academy's the most active of all and has the knack of producing world class players.

This guy's probably really good....why else wud we get him frm sum unknown austrian side(atleast i havent heard of it).

Good Luck to him! ;)

Austrian league football is dross. They kick lumps out of one another or act like prima donnas. No wonder he is learning more in the UK.

Already had a couple of threads about him, Bruce. Your specs need replacing? :p

Captained his country at Under-16 level, whilst Austria aren't exactly world football powerhouses that is still some feat. Must be doing quite well to have earned a pro contract.

I think he'll be lucky to play for the reserves. He's only 17 and, while he might be good, there's a long way to go yet.

Rodwell is a regular in the reserves, and he's only 16. Plus he made his debut at 15 and came on for Davie Weir.

So lets not say a player will not be picked because he isn't old enough. Age has nothing to do with it, its all about talent.

Sidenote, Palace gave Bostock his debut recently in the League, he's 15 still.

Actually I changed that from "first team" to "reserves" but should have really then changed it to happy rather than lucky. From what it sounds like, and I do try to keep up with the youth as much as possible from over here, he's not (yet) a Vaughan or a Rooney or even a Boyle or Vidarsson. Even had an interview ticking-off from the normally very sunny Neil Dewsnip. But hopefully he'll continue to improve and become a good prospect.

One of the main things is that he seems to have settled here, which can be a problem for foreign youngsters.

Rodwell is a regular in the reserves, and he's only 16. Plus he made his debut at 15 and came on for Davie Weir.

So lets not say a player will not be picked because he isn't old enough. Age has nothing to do with it, its all about talent.

Sidenote, Palace gave Bostock his debut recently in the League, he's 15 still.

Also. Just to add to Ghost's point. A player called James Vaughan played for Everton's first team at the age of 16 and became the Prem leagues youngest ever goal scorer. This title still stands.
Basically, if you are good enough, you will be picked, play and succeed. If not then this is life. Age is no longer a factor. I am not trying to pick faults with anything, just making a point clear.

This Vaughan. Is he any good, like?

Let's try again:

He's only 17 (which means his body and skills are still developing) and, while he might be good (and might or might not be good enough for the reserves or the first team), there's a long way to go yet (which isn't to say he might not make it, but Hughes, Boyle, Vidarsson, and many others could also sing a song about the difficulty of the final hurdle).

Status
Not open for further replies.