Atmosphere at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a bit better tonight, still very edgy and nervous.

When they got the goal they hadnt been the better team in the match, even thou they were having the better at that point in the half. There was a bit of frustration in the air but i think a lot of fans held it in and stayed with the team.

Was a bit better tonight, still very edgy and nervous.

When they got the goal they hadnt been the better team in the match, even thou they were having the better at that point in the half. There was a bit of frustration in the air but i think a lot of fans held it in and stayed with the team.
Yes I agree. Often find this with the smaller crowds.

For some reason, the unforgivable happened again last night, much the same as against QPR, FK in their half, we knock it back to the centre circle then under no pressure back to the GK (Robles this time instead of Howard) who then hoofs it forward and we turn possession over. Pathetic.

That Goodison only grumbled instead of Booing shows the crowd/atmosphere/expectation is as such that some things can be forgiven if its deemed that the players are trying and progress is being made. I boo'd sat here all on my lonesome, because I can't stand the 'titting about at the back' crap that is being relied upon, but thats for another thread.

For some reason, the unforgivable happened again last night, much the same as against QPR, FK in their half, we knock it back to the centre circle then under no pressure back to the GK (Robles this time instead of Howard) who then hoofs it forward and we turn possession over. Pathetic.

That Goodison only grumbled instead of Booing shows the crowd/atmosphere/expectation is as such that some things can be forgiven if its deemed that the players are trying and progress is being made. I boo'd sat here all on my lonesome, because I can't stand the 'titting about at the back' crap that is being relied upon, but thats for another thread.

Not going to say you are wrong with your actions. It's natural to react in such a way. Ultimately though, a team and players lacking in confidence generally play with even less confidence when the crowd is not behind them. Not suggesting cheering like...but negative feedback is not going to be productive at this moment from the fans. It's the last thing the players need.

Does it piss you off? Sure. Does it help this football club for you or anyone else to be negative right now? NO!! If you've ever had a tough run of form in sport or in life at your job, folks lifting you up is the way to success. Feeling success breeds even more success.

Not going to say you are wrong with your actions. It's natural to react in such a way. Ultimately though, a team and players lacking in confidence generally play with even less confidence when the crowd is not behind them. Not suggesting cheering like...but negative feedback is not going to be productive at this moment from the fans. It's the last thing the players need.

Does it piss you off? Sure. Does it help this football club for you or anyone else to be negative right now? NO!! If you've ever had a tough run of form in sport or in life at your job, folks lifting you up is the way to success. Feeling success breeds even more success.

Yep, can't knock it, glad the crowd only grumbled and didn't boo en masse like the QPR game where the players made the exact same unholy mistake, but maybe going a bit softer with them will help them make the mental breakthrough instead of letting them know in no uncertain terms just how idiotic and cack handed such a move is.
I don't for one moment think it's the last we've seen of such a calamity though.

Saturday was great, big section stood for 90 mins and sung throughout, it had a big game feel to it and we responded well.

Good to hear the Barkley song in the Gwladys aswell. The derby under the lights will be really really special.

Status
Not open for further replies.