Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
-Gray has been found out. He can't dribble and retain possession enough.
- Davis is a bore to watch as usual, too reactive and create nothing
- The back looks OK but forward plays are all over the place, although we did make create some possibilities
- iwobi and Patterson are so far the only two worth mentioned going fwd

I'm wary of the second half here. Gray needs taking off he's too lightweight and ineffective against robust tackling. Accurate passing and anticipation missing totally apart from a couple of good moves ending up in a poor final ball. We can't afford to give the ball away and there's a few candidates there to continue this. It's a real pity as Villa are no great shakes at the back.Changes please Frank.

One stern tackle on Gray and he doesn't want to know the rest of the game.

Tom Davies returned to training this week, he's gash fully fit but in that heat for an hour, forget about it.

Onana can't be ready which begs the question why would Warrington not get the opportunity. He can run which is more than Davies....

I just don't get it. Every manager we have ever had keeps plugging Davies into the team. They all know football better than me obviously but I just can't get my head around it.

Agree Dave surprised just how woeful they look actually

First 20 second to everything. Started to get some control, but left ourselves 2 v 2 at the back.

People talk of mistakes but that's a huge one that is avoidable. Holgate has been ok, but really it's on him and to a degree Doucoure.

Yet Gordon is the one getting slaughtered
I suspect Gordon is merely a proxy. The backlash is as much against the section of the fanbase that has hilariously blown Anthony Gordon up into some world-beater in the absence of any tangible evidence that could in any way vindicate their ridiculous hyperbole. The same phenomenon will be seen with the manager. Lampard will, ostensibly, face a level of hostility that is really as much directed as his happy-clappy Super Frank fluffers rather than the man himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.