Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's certainly an argument for it.

There's no logic to it but I feel he'll feel less pressure starting away from home.

I'd have put him in.

Hopefully dom rams all our scepticism down our throats tonight.

Unlikely, but you never know.

Kean has already played for a big club and his country, both high pressure scenarios, so not worried about that. Probably more to do with is he settled and bedded into the squad/ familiar with tactics.

Personally I like Dom. Think he's got a lot to offer as a squad player. Would love him to bag a goal tonight!

DCL still sucking Silva off in the changies I see

Silva has just said that when Kean shows him in training that he is ready to start, he will start him, none of his are privy to Evertons training sessions and also mentioned he is only 19. Kean has shown a couple of really promising cameo's, I personally think he'll get more and more game time each match, probably the right way to bed him in me thinks.

We won against Palace .... So it did work...

Yes he will.... The Kid is 19, with little pre-season....he might get 30 mins tonight... With the right training during the week, his fitness will be growing weekly, and also his understanding of how we play...bit of patience needed here

Nar, if he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough yo start

Even if he plays the first hour then goes off

Looking at our bench, every one of them would get in this villa side.
Which ultimately means we’ll probably get beat.

Silva has just said that when Kean shows him in training that he is ready to start, he will start him, none of his are privy to Evertons training sessions and also mentioned he is only 19. Kean has shown a couple of really promising cameo's, I personally think he'll get more and more game time each match, probably the right way to bed him in me thinks.
He showed in his last 20 minutes that's he's more ready to start than DCL is when he did things that DCL never does like:

Make his own space and have a shot.

Tell other players where he wants the ball played into him.

Properly spin his defender and run into space.

Any manager worth their salt can see the difference between training and competitive matches.

Zlatan was infamously poor in training when playing in Italy but would net week in week out. Not saying Kean is at that level yet but I would rather 45 minutes minimum of Kean to try get us 1/2 goals than 70 minutes of DCL offering us zilch.

Said it for a while Silva is a weak manager when it comes to selections - he waits for a defeat/run of poor form before making the obvious changes look at how long Walcott and DCL/Tosun were given last season before enough was enough.

Nar, if he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough yo start

Even if he plays the first hour then goes off

I think if villa tire like they did against Spurs, Kean could really make more of an impact tonight from the bench 2nd half... Not a fan of DCL, but willing to wait a few weeks for the right time to start Kean...

Status
Not open for further replies.