Ask Steve Walsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to herald Walsh as a demi-God when Lewis Gibson pushes Digne out of the side, Bowler becomes the new Kanchelskis, Onyekuru scores 30 league goals next season and Vlasic wins the Balon d'Or

We are going to herald Walsh as a demi-God when Lewis Gibson pushes Digne out of the side, Bowler becomes the new Kanchelskis, Onyekuru scores 30 league goals next season and Vlasic wins the Balon d'Or

...he had a scouting network (6 I think) identifying the best young talent for U23 recruitment. The strategy is applauded, but I doubt he was doing much scouting himself at that level.

The talk of him being a super scout is probably wrong.

...he had a scouting network (6 I think) identifying the best young talent for U23 recruitment. The strategy is applauded, but I doubt he was doing much scouting himself at that level.

I was joking - I think he is an absolute clown. Would be interesting to hear his views though...

Koeman always banged on about buying players at their "peak". Might explain a lot of the absolute turd we bought - Bolasie, Williams, etc. I also think that Walsh wanted Klassan, Kenwright wanted Rooney and Koeman wanted Sigurdsson, and then Walsh wanted Vlasic! Absolute madness of a strategy.

Did they all have white sticks?

I was joking - I think he is an absolute clown. Would be interesting to hear his views though...

Koeman always banged on about buying players at their "peak". Might explain a lot of the absolute turd we bought - Bolasie, Williams, etc. I also think that Walsh wanted Klassan, Kenwright wanted Rooney and Koeman wanted Sigurdsson, and then Walsh wanted Vlasic! Absolute madness of a strategy.
I think Walsh certainly had something to offer when it came to recruiting young talent.
Lookman, DCL ? , Gibson and Vlasic spring to mind.
The problem was when he was let loose with a big budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.