Confirmed Signing Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mind boggles. Not good enough for Villa, yet we scoop him up, talk about picking up the dregs. can’t say this signing fills me with any sort of confidence for the future season ahead, it’s a worry.

The mind boggles. Not good enough for Villa, yet we scoop him up, talk about picking up the dregs. can’t say this signing fills me with any sort of confidence for the future season ahead, it’s a worry.

This is nonsense. He was great last season in a Villa side who were top 4 on form under Emery. Due to that and European qualification they can afford to let go a 38 year old and reinvest. It's nothing against Young, if he was 10 years younger there would be no way they'd be letting him go.

Not sure that this is the way to look at it

Really pleased to see him in the training images, already getting stuck rah in.
26AC1988-236A-481B-A139-AB53F7468005.jpeg

I said “Nooooooo” to this signing and I deserve to be run off this board for it as do many others it seems.

Took his goal well today (how often do we say that about a Toffee, instead of ruing a scuffed chance or heavy touch) and even without the goal was far and away our best attacking presence and best player period. Made it look easy. Oozed class. In the right place and doing the right thing and no fuss about it.

No old man jokes either, he kept up with players young enough to be his sons (if he were a randy teen I suppose).

I said “Nooooooo” to this signing and I deserve to be run off this board for it as do many others it seems.

Took his goal well today (how often do we say that about a Toffee, instead of ruing a scuffed chance or heavy touch) and even without the goal was far and away our best attacking presence and best player period. Made it look easy. Oozed class. In the right place and doing the right thing and no fuss about it.

No old man jokes either, he kept up with players young enough to be his sons (if he were a randy teen I suppose).
Here they come…..

Status
Not open for further replies.