Confirmed Signing Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Everton..

Hoping he can bring something to the team / squad. Don't want to see him on the pitch, but hopefully a winning mentality and not a disruptive one in the dressing room like some of our previous 'mature' signings.

Michael Woods The 36-year-old cyclist climbed his way to victory in stage 9 of the Tour de France, after a grueling day that covered more than 180 kilometers, and more than 3,500 metres of climbing.

Woods says the first thing he felt was relief. "I put a lot of pressure on myself, and I really wanted a stage win. It has been a career goal, a life goal, and to finally achieve that, especially at my age. I really felt like the window of opportunity was closing, and I don't have too many tours left in my career, so it was relief."
You never know Ashley might just have a grand finale in him.🤞

I think he could bring a bit more maturity to the squad, which is a good thing as far as building resilience goes.

As part of a wider recruitment strategy, it makes sense... but equally I can understand why some people are freaking out. Too often in the last few years we've thought "don't worry, we'll get what we need later in the window," and that hasn't happened.

Either way, it's not Young's fault and he's not deserving of any vitriol.

I know this isn't the thrilling signing we'd want to kick off the summer. But it does tick off one of the boxes of a position we needed cover and that was left back.

He was better than mykolenko last season (albeit at RB), from what I'm hearing from villa fans he was actually very good. It's a short term fix. But because of our more pressing concerns further up the field. Needs must.

I’d select him over Mykolenko.
Well it’s obviously a weak area for us, hasn’t he played mostly on the left throughout his career?

I know he played right back for villa at times last year.

Myko is no better than me…. And I’m 50!!) So I’d say it’s an improvement, and thus agree with you!

Feel sorry for the fella who does the interviews

So Ashley, are you looking forward to playing at Goodison? Yes
And erm, are you looking forward to playing in front of the fans? Yes
And erm, are you looking forward to playing in a Blue kit as well Ashley? Yes

That's literally all we've got

Status
Not open for further replies.