2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been watching him a bit closer this season, and the big problem isn't his pace or his 1-1 skills, but it's positioning and pressing errors. Instead of dropping to secure he decides to press hard on his own or bet the house on one tackel. Hard to be believe he was, in my o., one of the best CBs in the league before he came here.

Been watching him a bit closer this season, and the big problem isn't his pace or his 1-1 skills, but it's positioning and pressing errors. Instead of dropping to secure he decides to press hard on his own or bet the house on one tackel. Hard to be believe he was, in my o., one of the best CBs in the league before he came here.
I've noticed this with others too, they are trying hard as individuals and pressing as individuals but at any half decent standard of footy, if you are doing it on your own the opposition will just exploit the gap you've just left. We need to be more disciplined, move as a team, keep tight. Slug out a few dreary 0-0 draws to get into the habit of not conceding and having to chase games.

Distin was Baresi comparing to this yard dog. Attitude is there, but bar few seasons in his prime, there's a good reason he spent most of his carreer in lower leagues.

Either this fella plays like Maldini in training or he's been giving back seat blowies to Koeman and Unsworth. No reason this man should ever wear an Everton shirt again. This wan't even his worst performance either.

Status
Not open for further replies.