2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he has been told not to bother reporting back for training as he's never playing for us again and a transfer is in he offing.

Same applies to Mirallas, Besic, Galloway, Browning, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Sandro, and Klaassen.

Doubt he will be in any condition to train, still recovering from the collapsed lung he suffered playing for Wales isn't he?

I hope he's smart and realizes that he isn't getting any younger and would move to continue playing regular first team football. Even if it is at championship level.

I hope he's smart and realizes that he isn't getting any younger and would move to continue playing regular first team football. Even if it is at championship level.
What about the 75k a week.
I think I he realises his international career in major tournaments is over, and he won't be first choice.

Either his new team offer him a massive Signing on fee, or else he will have to take some sort of pay out

What about the 75k a week.
I think I he realises his international career in major tournaments is over, and he won't be first choice.

Either his new team offer him a massive Signing on fee, or else he will have to take some sort of pay out

I don't think we'll have a problem getting rid of Williams as he only has a year left on his contract, Klassen and Sandro are going to be far tougher as they both have another 4 years on their reportedly crazy high wages. Williams' £75 per week is £3.9 mil per year, if someone like Stoke in the Championship with their parachute payment was prepared to offer him even just a one year deal on £35k per week, that would leave £40k per week which is approx £2m for the year, so we sell him for £2mil and give it to him, essentially releasing him for free. Add to that he's likely been told he's not in the manager's plans and has probably got a fair idea that the fans don't like him, he'll be off for sure, as soon as he's fit to pass a medical.

Last edited:

I don't think we'll have a problem getting rid of Williams as he only has a year left on his contract, Klassen and Sandro are going to be far tougher as they both have another 4 years on their reportedly crazy high wages. Williams' £75 per week is £3.9 mil per year, if someone like Stoke in the Championship with their parachute payment was prepared to offer him even just a one year deal on £35k per week, that would leave £40k per week which is approx £2m for the year, so we sell him for £2mil and give it to him, essentially releasing him for free. Add to that he's likely been told he's not in the manager's plans and has probably got a fair idea that the fans don't like him, he'll be off for sure, as soon as he's fit to pass a medical.
As long as he doesn’t have to run as part of the medical we should be ok

It sounded so good up until that point Bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.