2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's poor and with Jagielka in decline it's puzzling why we didn't sign another centre half, instead of another midfielder. We can't play a high line with our centre halves they are all too slow now, most probably Jags (who had very decent pace a few years back) is the quickest of the three.

Thought he had one of his better games for us today. Won a lot of headers and got a foot in where it mattered several times. Morata didn't like playing against him, even though he bagged his easy header.

Get friggin rid ASAP

He looks morbidly obese
I recall reading somewhere on here (posted by a professional physiologist I'm presuming), that Ashley looks tubby because of his genome rather than his fondness for pies. Apparently pot bellies are genetically predisposed in some people (mostly males).

a complete abomination of a human being masquerading as a professional footballer, i agree.

He was a big fish in a small pond for years, where to be fair to him he did look a very capable and solid defender. However he should have moved when he was 28, not 32 an already on a downward spiral. Unfortunately it would have to be us who gave him his final payday. The fact is that when making signings from clubs below ourselves it's always possible that players won't adapt or make the step up. We've done pretty well so far, but there's always going to be one or two that don't cut it. He's definitely one of them.

Yes, I accept that but to say he's the worst signing of the PL era might be going too far. And as for his big gut, I posted on one of the threads a possible genetic explanation for this...it isn't necessarily down to his hankering a pie 24/7.

Wish the fans could vote as to whether Williams ever sees a single further minute on the field in an Everton shirt. Wouldn't surprise me if he's a boyhood Liverpool fan, looks like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.