Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked like he's been playing for us a long time
him & jags will be a great partnership i reckon
sort the defense out finally !

Jagielka is so far ahead of Funes Mori in terms of his overall game.

I agree with you totally that Jags is an awful captain, but not an awful centre-back. It'll be Jags and Williams barring injury.
You lose a big goal threat with Mori on the bench.

Three into those two places wont go. This is the start of the campaign. I doubt very much If Williams and Mori remain injury free that Jagielka will get more game time than those two later on this season.

Three into those two places wont go. This is the start of the campaign. I doubt very much If Williams and Mori remain injury free that Jagielka will get more game time than those two later on this season.

First and foremost the CBs need to stop the ball going in our net. Williams and Jags give us the best chance of that.

Both of them defensively were outstanding. FM rightly will be 3rd choice.

A great no nonsense defender. Little things like hoofing the ball out of play when needed in order to reorganize the back line. Even saw him commandeering Jags a few times.

Is an absolute general, not only a brilliant defender but such a good leader out there. Never stops talking, pointing or barking instructions.

Mori can't defend a header to save his life though the blert

Maybe a coincidence...but I said to my mate when we were under pressure around the 85th minute that I was confident we wouldn't concede for the first time in a long, long time.

Defence looked organised, with Williams being a real leader and Koeman obviously being a top defender in his day, I'd like to think our defensive record will be much better this season.

For me, Williams is the man to replace Jagielka rather than stones but that obviously depends on whether we can bring in another CB, whether it's Kone or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.