Match Thread Arsenal V Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget calling for Calvert Lewin as some kind of saviour, that's not going to happen. If he does come back there is simply no chance of him playing enough games to get sharp enough. The man is made of Weetabix now. One or two games back and he'll injure himself walking the dog or taking the bins out. The players we have in now simply have to learn how to score themselves. Since Dyche joined only defenders have scored for us. How ludicrous is that?

I'm as frustrated as the next fan but if we look at it, we lost the games we were expected to lose. The only slight positive is that we are creating more chances under Dyche and surely, by the law of averages, something has got to give. Subs were weird last night but maybe shows he got his team selection wrong. Needed to freshen things up more. Also shows he's not going to tolerate mistakes so I'm expecting more changes. Sunday is huge. I think:

Garner 🔄 Gana
Coleman 🔄 Godfrey
Iwobi 🔄 Gray
Mina 🔄 Keane
Simms 🔄 Maupay

Desperately need to get ourselves a Free Bosman striker, clear as day that this unforgivable negligence will send us down. Slowplay Maupay will only be effective in the championship where he has proven himself in the past. Well done Bill 👏👏

Ok, let’s put it in perspective …. None of expected to win that one…

3 points we didn’t expect, so no loss…..
sort of….
Think it's the manner of another capitulation. Still Everton better in recent past have been hammered in same fixture. Patience and win on Sunday which we can get and will look different. Was never going to be easy.

Absolute criminal what this board has not done in not addressing our chronic striker crisis. They’ve thrown everyone under a bus.

We’ll be lucky if one of those occurs, let alone all four. Dyche is very rigid with his team selection, which means we’ll often see the same selection.
I mean he dropped Coady for Keane last night, he hooked Gueye at half time so he can change things if he doesn’t see effort. It wouldn’t surprise me if, fitness pending, he brings in Mina, Vinagre, Garner and Gray on Sunday

Just now seen the result (forgot we were even playing)...and, oh dear, our ' circling the drain' velocity is increasing. Fabulous test match (cricket) though so my spirits remain overall quite jaunty

Status
Not open for further replies.