Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. This is more annoying to me than the Newcastle result. Arsenal/Arteta getting all the plaudits for grinding it out (aka having one of the world's best strikers bail them out) when I honestly think we were the better team for most of it, which is weird to say even when Gylfi and Sidibe were calamitous.
Don't know if we'll finish above them this season, but I fully expect to next season.
Agreed. I’m very fed up with everything being “next season” all the time and then that never coming to fruition. We had the chance to do it on the here and now and again we spurned it.

Side note: Aubameyang has wasted his career there.

Yep. This is more annoying to me than the Newcastle result. Arsenal/Arteta getting all the plaudits for grinding it out (aka having one of the world's best strikers bail them out) when I honestly think we were the better team for most of it, which is weird to say even when Gylfi and Sidibe were calamitous.
Don't know if we'll finish above them this season, but I fully expect to next season.

Same thing in this fixture last year.

I love the direction we're going in, I'll have Carlo's babies, but the moral-victory, we-played-better thing is really getting old.

DCL is the real deal, I am a fanboy, but he has missed 3 sitters in 2 games. He's not to blame - he scored a fantastic goal at 1', and as Carlo said, if you give up three goals you're going to lose. But you only have to look at the other side to see what ruthlessness looks like. Without Auba that side is probably somewhere around 15th, but when he gets a chance he kills it (even sometimes when there is no chance to be had).

I look at this team from the back to the front, and for me the players who we do not need next season...

Pickford
Sidibe (buy him?; a no from me)
Schneiderlin
Sigurdson
Delph
Iwobi

For the most part they are all poor and contribute very little to nothing during a game. Add Omar and Coco.

Find a way to either sell or terminate their contracts and we will be on a much better footing.

Only problem, that is 8 players, and with FFP I doubt if we can move all eight of them.

Maybe keep the top 4 and jettison the worst four in 2020, and then the other four in 2021.
Oops; left out Keane. That's nine...too much?

I think this is insanely harsh. I was stood almost exactly in line with the corner flag - Saka whipped that ball in with pace, curl and exquisite placement. Pickford didn't have time to react to it and it was a deft finish too. Goalkeepers cannot fly out to intercept every cross ever delivered. Pickford has his flaws - I wasn't overjoyed to see him smashing some hideous liqueur on the train back to London after the reverse fixture this season for example - but this desire some people have to find fault in his every move is absurd and incredibly unhelpful. If you don't like him fine, but blaming him for that goal is madness.

I like Pickford a lot. We could do far worse.

I just don't think he commands his area the way we seeother keepers do...

Gutted bout the loss.
But for me the rest of this season is all about development
and sorting the wheat from the chaff

Under the steady guidance of Carlo,
its games like these they can learn a lot from
these games can be more important longer term than some wins.

Imo european qualification should not be the focus
its all about development so we are fully competitive when we do get there
and maybe we're one season further away from that than we think...maybe.

Next year we'll do 'em!

Awfull defending, especially from Sidibe. I don't know how he can be in national squad. Yesterday we were much better side but it's difficult to turn the result when you concede so poor goals.
Thankfully Carlo seems fully aware of this. You can't go to arsenal away, concede 3 goals and expect to get points. Sidibe challenging for the third was Sunday League. Carlo was right to play him in front of Coleman- he is a better replacement for Walcott than he is cover for Coleman.

Thankfully Carlo seems fully aware of this. You can't go to arsenal away, concede 3 goals and expect to get points. Sidibe challenging for the third was Sunday League. Carlo was right to play him in front of Coleman- he is a better replacement for Walcott than he is cover for Coleman.
Strange is, even with three conceded goals se could easily win.

Gutted bout the loss.
But for me the rest of this season is all about development
and sorting the wheat from the chaff

Under the steady guidance of Carlo,
its games like these they can learn a lot from
these games can be more important longer term than some wins.

Imo european qualification should not be the focus
its all about development so we are fully competitive when we do get there
and maybe we're one season further away from that than we think...maybe.

Next year we'll do 'em!
I always think poems are better when they rhyme lol

*on topic*
You're right though, the rest of this season should be all about assessing and preparing for long term success under Carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.