Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I gave it to Gomes simply for the fact that he played incredibly considering where he has come from injury wise. Changed the course of the game along with Bernard. I would have normally give it to Richarlison but Andre deserves the plaudits.

I look at this team from the back to the front, and for me the players who we do not need next season...

Pickford
Sidibe (buy him?; a no from me)
Schneiderlin
Sigurdson
Delph
Iwobi

For the most part they are all poor and contribute very little to nothing during a game. Add Omar and Coco.

Find a way to either sell or terminate their contracts and we will be on a much better footing.

Only problem, that is 8 players, and with FFP I doubt if we can move all eight of them.

Maybe keep the top 4 and jettison the worst four in 2020, and then the other four in 2021.
I have to admit that the more I watch Pickford the more I lose confidence in him. It's like he's in panic mode all the time.

So tell me what else he won in the other 19 years of his wasted career

Your make the point that he wasted his career because he only won one title. Using that rationale, every player who played for Everton in the last 30 years has wasted their career and any that come in the future will be wasting their careers, unless we win something. You set a very high benchmark for a successful career.

Status
Not open for further replies.