Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After sleeping on it I still think we should’ve won. So many chances it was unbelievable and we come away with nothing. Aside from about a 15 minutes Arsenal were awful and we’ve just validated the claim that Arteta has improved them when in reality I’ve never seen a supposedly top team defend that poorly.

After sleeping on it I still think we should’ve won. So many chances it was unbelievable and we come away with nothing. Aside from about a 15 minutes Arsenal were awful and we’ve just validated the claim that Arteta has improved them when in reality I’ve never seen a supposedly top team defend that poorly.
Yep. This is more annoying to me than the Newcastle result. Arsenal/Arteta getting all the plaudits for grinding it out (aka having one of the world's best strikers bail them out) when I honestly think we were the better team for most of it, which is weird to say even when Gylfi and Sidibe were calamitous.
Don't know if we'll finish above them this season, but I fully expect to next season.

I actually thought, that yesterday’s performance was one of the better performances away from home against the so called big 6 team in recent years
Yes we lost but I saw a lot of positives, and on another day we could have come away with a win
When I've calmed down,like you I always try to look for any positives from a bad result,but really our record at certain teams defies any logic. Even the relegation teams manage the odd win where it isn't expected.I'd never bet against Everton,but can you imagine what an accumulator over the last ten years would pay out.

Schneids started.

We lost.

I rest my case
Disagree. the major weakness was in midfield with Sigurdsson who appears to have lost all the quality he had when he was good player, and for which we paid heavily to his former club. He should now be dropped and moved on next May. It should not he hard to get him a new club.

I look at this team from the back to the front, and for me the players who we do not need next season...

Pickford
Sidibe (buy him?; a no from me)
Schneiderlin
Sigurdson
Delph
Iwobi

For the most part they are all poor and contribute very little to nothing during a game. Add Omar and Coco.

Find a way to either sell or terminate their contracts and we will be on a much better footing.

Only problem, that is 8 players, and with FFP I doubt if we can move all eight of them.

Maybe keep the top 4 and jettison the worst four in 2020, and then the other four in 2021.

Defensive weaknesses again as in the Toons game let us down.

Reaffirmed for me need to get shut of Siggy, Shcnieids,Delph plus he rest of the deadwood.
Unsure on Iwobi and Sidibe, are they worth keeping for squad numbers?
Need a CB , a couple of midfielders.

Until then have to make do with what we have but are some younger players not given a go?

Awfull defending, especially from Sidibe. I don't know how he can be in national squad. Yesterday we were much better side but it's difficult to turn the result when you concede so poor goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.