Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A big test of the squad's resolve this one. On every occasion over the last 12-18 months when they have been presented with a clear opportunity to make tangible progress, they have flunked it and not had the bottle.

Please let this be different.

?? We took 10/12 from Sky Six teams at home down the stretch last year, combined score 8-0 in those games. Yes we blew winnable games away to Newcastle and Fulham, but there was no flunked test then.

It's a shame we don't really have any experience playing 4-3-3, with perhaps Richarlison and Kean either side of DCL and a midfield 3, as it'd mean we wouldn't need to play out and out wingers and could have Sidibe in his natural position. Unfortunately, I think we'll see Iwobi on the left and Sidibe on the right, which weakens us in three separate positions. I get the feeling Bernard will be on the bench due to his fitness and weaker performances in away games.

Here is Charlie Nicholas predictions, as i know some take a look at his usually weekly wrong predictions

This is a cracking game. Two points separate the two teams, teams that have taken a lot of criticism recently, although I must admit the criticism has been balanced.

Everton players were not at it under Marco Silva, I did not see a style and did not see commitment. The list of players that were not showing up was quite big. All of a sudden, Duncan Ferguson and Carlo Ancelotti have come in and got the results despite not playing brilliantly.

The Arsenal defence is looking solid, but Everton will still give chances, especially with Dominic Calvert-Lewin enjoying the best period of his career. I'm not overly happy with the personnel in front of the Arsenal defence. Granit Xhaka did not sprint back at any time to help out at Olympiakos and, while Mateo Guendouzi played well, he will not play this weekend.

Bukayo Saka has been different class, though, and Arteta has a nice headache selection from a group of improving attacking options. Arsenal finally have an opportunity to get away from the likes of 11th and 10th and threaten the race for Europe, if they get the momentum, why could they not grab a top-four position?

CHARLIE PREDICT: 3-1
“The Arsenal defence is looking solid” can’t take a man who thinks that is true seriously.

This is where players need to show character. If they don't have the mentality to win here they shouldn't be at the club. These are the games where the manager will see who's being offloaded in the summer.

I'll be upset if we come away from this without points, faux big club with prawn sarnie eating fans and soft players.

Giving that we ha haven’t won away to the big six in 600 years our odds to get a win are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.