Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordinarily I’d be massively wanting you to turn them over, but I now consider you far more threatening to us this season, so an Arsenal win would be good for us. Having typed that it’s always lovely to see them get beat and there’s always AFTV....

It'll be tough, but if Europe is seriously the target, it's vital that we start winning some of the more difficult away games.

If Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison are at it, there'll be opportunities to pounce when Arsenal's defenders and goalkeeper inevitably start playing hospital balls in their own box.

To be getting Europe we need to win 3 of the next 4. No reason we can’t turn these over tomorrow. Can’t afford to start slowly though

Why do 1 when we can do both in a matter of weeks lol

Everton’s 23-game away winless run against Arsenal (D4, L19) is their third longest run in their top-flight history against an opponent, after an ongoing 24-game run against Chelsea and 35-game run against Leeds United between 1946 and 2001.

4 massive games coming up for us that will be a big factor in whether we have a chance of battling for Europe qualification or not. We have got to get some wins out of them or we will drift behind again fairly quickly even with draws. This one is arguably the best chance of that as even though it is away, Arsenal and not currently better than us and can be beaten if we are on form.

3 points tomorrow and i dont care how we get them. Just get it done please blues.

COYB's

The good thing is will be that we'll know before KO how Wolves & Utd get on therefore slip ups for one or both would mean a draw wouldnt be a disaster in the circumstances.

The realistic minimum we should be looking at over these next 4 games is 6 points out of 12 so 1 point away to Arsenal wouldn't be a bad result providing Utd and Wolves dont both win.

Status
Not open for further replies.