Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ratio is based on December - February when he's been at the club since 2017.

And again alot of his goals have been tap ins from defensive mistakes or bouncing balls from set pieces - again nothing wrong with that but you wont always get that fortune/ mistakes the higher calibre of teams we face.

Long term if he doesnt start to show he can take on defenders / score from 1 on 1's, score outside the box etc alongside the tap ins for me he should be utilised more as an Origi type off the bench.

Ancelotti tends to rotate alot anyway so its not like he'll never play but we really could do with a quality CF alongside Richarlison for the big games - someone like Immobile, Werner etc.

No, my ratio is based on THIS SEASON.

If it were based on December - February it would be a lot better still.

He's 22 and hes got 11 prem goals by February. Thats good going.

A goal is a goal at the end of the day, doesnt matter how it comes. If you want to make that argument then i can counter it by saying he hasn't scored a single penalty. Pretty much all the players with more prem goals than him this season have scored penalties

No, my ratio is based on THIS SEASON.

If it were based on December - February it would be a lot better still.

He's 22 and hes got 11 prem goals by February. Thats good going.

A goal is a goal at the end of the day, doesnt matter how it comes. If you want to make that argument then i can counter it by saying he hasn't scored a single penalty. Pretty much all the players with more prem goals than him this season have scored penalties

A goal isnt just a goal though - look at Sons winner against Villa- 1 on 1 with the keeper- if he doesn't score that its 2 points dropped.

Against teams with 10 behind the ball or the sides like Man City where we will be relying playing on the break / counter - he has to start showing he can take the limited chances & chances where he has time to think.

They aren't great. They draw a lot. They have taken nearly a full team abroad tonight

We will get something here, but I believe if Gomes is coming back we will go very much 4-5-1 with Bernie and Rich either side of DCL. Gomes, Siggy and Morgan in the 3. We have to be adaptable. 4-4-2 has served us well, but last game the switch won us the game. I wouldn't want to be giving them too much time and room in a 4-4-2 with Gylfi and Morgan.

Status
Not open for further replies.