Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Friday 23rd, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh we were pretty rubbish yesterday, defence did ok as did Pickford but as an attacking threat we didn’t offer much, but Arsenal were even worse. It’s just nice to get that 25 year not winning in the league there ended. I remember the time we almost done it when Pienaar chipped the keeper only for arsenal to equalise.

Gone down a lot in my estimation arsenal fans have. The way they are going on about that VAR decision and it being a clear penalty is disgraceful. We have seen it when our players have committed horrible fouls and dived, most of us point it out and condemn it. These lot however, despite when the likes of Ian Wright condemning it won’t have any of it. I don’t give a hoot if they have had those kind of fouls given against them, it doesn’t make it right. Super six, my arse. Lol!

Have to be honest, looking back at the match, the way we won was quite hilarious really.

A penalty given to Arsenal that didn't look to be a penalty, only to be overruled by an offside decision that didn't appear to be offside. Delph wearing the wrong socks for the whole time he was on the field and playing a pass to the invisible man on the left-wing; when there was a player on the left-wing, Delph goes and splices his pass backwards to Holgate. Then Richarlison scoring the winner with a miss-hit pass to DCL that Leno managed to fumble into his own net. The second half really was complete madhouse material.

Giving my MotM to Jordan Pickford for his save near the end that ensured we won the game.

Arteta definitely learning from Wengers playbook of selective viewing .. don’t think he saw Pires dive once but AJ ... no he should hold his feet at full pace when some grock goes two footed in.

We can talk about our home results and say 'what if', but all of the top eight can say that except City. It's been that kind of season.

I hope we get to see Rodrigues play in a packed out Goodison Park one day and with the addition of some pace we could make it a fortress again.
If he plays like he played against Arsenal he’ll know what 30,000 odd groans sound like!!

Tbh we were pretty rubbish yesterday, defence did ok as did Pickford but as an attacking threat we didn’t offer much, but Arsenal were even worse. It’s just nice to get that 25 year not winning in the league there ended. I remember the time we almost done it when Pienaar chipped the keeper only for arsenal to equalise.
We were slow for the first ten minutes and slower for the next eighty. It was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.