Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a lot better at scoring than Kone is. Let that sink in for a moment or two.
No denying that.

But he's technically poor, can't hold up the ball, isn't strong and has little pace. What that brings to our overall team play we've seen too many times this season already - it forces Lukaku to be the player that drops deep for the ball, and Lukaku has poo games cuz he's also a scorer.

He looks like he's coming into form, from evidence against Newcastle. Some intelligent runs, nimble, swerving past defenders.

How can anyone slate him after the win yesterday?

He starts, we win our first league game in a long time, create enough chances to win 5-0 if it wasn't for a couple of great clearances off the line.. But people don't want him to start?

Great idea lads let's change a balanced winning formula. lol

How can anyone slate him after the win yesterday?

He starts, we win our first league game in a long time, create enough chances to win 5-0 if it wasn't for a couple of great clearances off the line.. But people don't want him to start?

Great idea lads let's change a balanced winning formula. lol

Yeah mate, lets continue to play the worst striker thats ever played for the Club.

NSNO

Unlucky not to score with that one he smashed from outside the box. Anywhere else aside from straight at the keeper and it was in. Great power on the strike

score one bloody goal for God's sake before the end of the season man!!!

Just one...

mente_sucia_en_3_2_1-46429.gif

Last edited:
No denying that.

But he's technically poor, can't hold up the ball, isn't strong and has little pace. What that brings to our overall team play we've seen too many times this season already - it forces Lukaku to be the player that drops deep for the ball, and Lukaku has poo games cuz he's also a scorer.
I'm not saying Naismith and Bergkamp were separated at birth, but Naismith has played 31 games already this season and has scored 8 goals: last year he played 36 in total and scored 9. In both seasons he's played with Lukaku, the big man has been our top scorer with 16 goals in 33 games last year, and 17 in 40 so far this year. Sure, with a better player than Naismith there we would get more out of Lukaku - Sigurdsson would be my choice, personally - but the stats show that Naismith and Lukaku, when played together, are productive. There's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Kone will do a better job.

If Kone plays instead of Naismith then he's either got to score at the same rate or better (a goal every four games) or impact on Lukaku's game so significantly that Rom's scoring increases to provide the extra goals Naismith used to score.... Rom would need to score almost 30 in a season to do that. Or I suppose in combination between the two of them you might see a net increase in goals.
So realistically, you're banking on Kone being good for at least a goal every three games, and for his play to cause Lukaku to score four or five more in a season than he otherwise would.... ballpark figures, that's 12 to 14 goals for Kone and 24 or 25 for Rom. I'm sorry but I simply don't see a double-figure goalscorer when I look at Kone - he's only managed it twice in the last seven years.

I'm not saying Naismith and Bergkamp were separated at birth, but Naismith has played 31 games already this season and has scored 8 goals: last year he played 36 in total and scored 9. In both seasons he's played with Lukaku, the big man has been our top scorer with 16 goals in 33 games last year, and 17 in 40 so far this year. Sure, with a better player than Naismith there we would get more out of Lukaku - Sigurdsson would be my choice, personally - but the stats show that Naismith and Lukaku, when played together, are productive. There's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Kone will do a better job.

If Kone plays instead of Naismith then he's either got to score at the same rate or better (a goal every four games) or impact on Lukaku's game so significantly that Rom's scoring increases to provide the extra goals Naismith used to score.... Rom would need to score almost 30 in a season to do that. Or I suppose in combination between the two of them you might see a net increase in goals.
So realistically, you're banking on Kone being good for at least a goal every three games, and for his play to cause Lukaku to score four or five more in a season than he otherwise would.... ballpark figures, that's 12 to 14 goals for Kone and 24 or 25 for Rom. I'm sorry but I simply don't see a double-figure goalscorer when I look at Kone - he's only managed it twice in the last seven years.
While what you're saying is correct, I was just stating that Naismith has the timing and finish, but all the rest is poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.