Are you happy with the Summer Transfer Window business

Happy or Not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember a better looking window for us since the Premier League started and quite a few before tbh.
Only 3 players, but really good ones, pushing out really bad ones.
What's not to like.

I can't remember a better looking window for us since the Premier League started and quite a few before tbh.
What's not to like.

4 if you count Nkounkou. Tbf he has looked really good and while he won't be a first teamer this season he shouldn't be discounted from the overall business this window.

Happy with the new CMs, done before the first game as well which is a change for us.

Would like to see us bring in a starting GK, RB, RW and CF while getting rid of the likes of Delph, Bolasie, Sandro, Tosun, Besic and Davies. I’m not expecting all of that to be done, but if we could get a few of them sorted it’ll have been a very good window.

What's not to like.
Really? I'd say Martinez's first summer was an obvious one. Then the second Koeman summer. In hindsight obviously it didn't work out that well but on paper it was way better than this one. Even last summer to a certain extent (let's not forget that the signing of Kean was widely hailed as the best signing we've ever made). I'm genuinely pleased with what we've done but I think some people are, as usual, getting a little carried away. James is hugely exciting, but the other two are just good players I think, not really gamechanging. Doucoure's a 27 year old with no international caps fresh off the back of relegation, the way some people are talking you'd think we'd signed prime Vieira.

You always want more but if we were to not do any more deals this window I would be very happy regardless.

The three main signs should totally transform this team and how we play, the issues regarding right back and even the goalie become less of a problem as well if our midfield is boss which it should be. The problem was we had far too many average players, now we can afford to carry an average right back for example as the rest of the side makes up for it.

Really? I'd say Martinez's first summer was an obvious one. Then the second Koeman summer. In hindsight obviously it didn't work out that well but on paper it was way better than this one. Even last summer to a certain extent (let's not forget that the signing of Kean was widely hailed as the best signing we've ever made). I'm genuinely pleased with what we've done but I think some people are, as usual, getting a little carried away. James is hugely exciting, but the other two are just good players I think, not really gamechanging. Doucoure's a 27 year old with no international caps fresh off the back of relegation, the way some people are talking you'd think we'd signed prime Vieira.
Kean - Potential quality from Juventus, everyone rightly got major league excitement because he could potentially become as good as Rodriguez... James already is.
Gomes I still think is boss, and the equivelent of Daccoure, but instead of loosing Gana and replacing with Delph, we have so far lost no one and just added a Brazilian international.
Last year was not close for me, but was still a great window, one of many to be fair, but this one for me is really standing out.

We should have gone all out for Gabriel and Emerson.

We still need a RB + LCB.

If we had added those two players to our other signings then i think we'd be looking at top 4.

Need to bring in RB + LCB asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.