Are we stronger now than when we finished the season?

IS THETEAM STRONGER?

• YES

Votes: 194 47.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 17.0%
  • KINDA MAYBE POSSIBLY WHO REALLY KNOWS LAD

Votes: 142 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we needed a CB, so we are weaker in that position. Overall though - no question we are stronger.

Gueye replaced by 2 players.
Even though he is young and unproven in the PL, we now have more than one striker, Keane and DCL. DCL is not very good, and Tosun and Niasse are utter, utter garbage. So we are stronger there.
Iwobie is better than Bolasie imho
We finally have cover at RB. Nuff said.

We will be even stronger if we can bin off Martina, Miralles, Niasse, Tosun and Bolasie.

Well, we needed a CB, so we are weaker in that position. Overall though - no question we are stronger.

Gueye replaced by 2 players.
Even though he is young and unproven in the PL, we now have more than one striker, Keane and DCL. DCL is not very good, and Tosun and Niasse are utter, utter garbage. So we are stronger there.
Iwobie is better than Bolasie imho
We finally have cover at RB. Nuff said.

We will be even stronger if we can bin off Martina, Miralles, Niasse, Tosun and Bolasie.
Lol. You can’t play 2 players instead of Gueye and ps. Neither are as good as him.
By your own admission we are weaker at the back and have 1 centre forward.
Bolasie didht play for us last season.
So your basis for us being stronger is IF we get rid of some reserves lil

Because im not a crazy person, the answer is absolutely yes. If you wanted to call it in pure goals standpoint, at CF we probably added 8-10. At winger we probably added 3-4, at CM we probably net added 1-2, at RB we probably added 1-2, and at CB we probably lost 3-4.

Lol. You can’t play 2 players instead of Gueye and ps. Neither are as good as him.
By your own admission we are weaker at the back and have 1 centre forward.
Bolasie didht play for us last season.
So your basis for us being stronger is IF we get rid of some reserves lil

Well, I think we are stronger. And so do many. We can all argue this forever, it wont get us anywhere. Im extremely happy with the transfer window and we would have had a CB if David Luiz hadn't acted like the mutant child he is and Zaha if they had accepted our perfectly reasonable offer. It wasn't for the lack of trying.

A kid rated as one of the best in the World.

The potential is there for him to score a decent amount, more than our forward last season. At least there is that.

We also might not pick up an injury, plus Gbamin may be the 3rd choice centre half.

Yes a kid rated as one of the best in the world who juve were more than happy to get rid of after half a season in the first team. Not suggesting this means hes terrible but If hes the next messi they hardly would sell him would they.

50 fifty window.

One thing we'll no for sure is how good of a manager Silva is, maybe that was a factor in the way we went about our business.

We've bought a better calibre of player under Brands for quite decent prices, whether it's enough to challenge the top 6 i'm unsure but as i say something for Silva to work with.

Not sure Silva's been given enough to challenge the top 6 but just enough to show us how good of a manager he is.

I think the answer is NO.
We lost a couple of our best players - one of which has not even been attempted to replace.

If Gbamin is good he probably still won’t be as good as Gueye.

Kean may become a top 6 striker in 2/3 years but please tell me one 19/20 year old foreign imported striker who made an impact at the top level of the prem ever?

I think we are in for a dismal season, in fact a complete debacle with the manager gone by Christmas if a centre half is injured.

Gueye held his own, would get stuck in and was one of the first names on our sheet. However i think more than a few of us are over rating him tbh. He really wasn't as good as most here are making him out to be. Despite that, saying stuff like this here i highlighted is utter nonsense. How you can write a player off without ever watching him play 90 minutes is baffling.

As for your Kean comment, again utter and complete nonsense: See Anelka.

You are just one of those posters who will constantly keep yapping if's, but's and maybe's with assumptions mixed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.