Appiah

Status
Not open for further replies.
True enough Robert but the Prem comes first in my mind. Being late in the game we have to be a little more less selectivity if this is Davey's next choice.

west ham have just lost Keiron Dyer for the season as well. While Appiah wouldn't represent a replacement he would represent another midfielder, to add to their collection.

Unless it is a UEFA cup game then it is classed as a different competition and he will be allowed to play for us should he sign. But I seriously do not believe this will happen. I hope I am wrong.

I dont think thats true- if a player plays in any european competition he is then cup tied in Europe- Im sure thats right?!

if he went to fenerbache to actually play games, then the squad merry-go-round at upton park is unlikely to be seen as ideal.

turkey isnt a massive league in terms of wages either, i wonder what rate he is on and would expect in the PL.

I'll tell you this much. If we landed Appiah, it would make a lot of people forget the Fernandes fiasco pretty quick.

I dont think thats true- if a player plays in any european competition he is then cup tied in Europe- Im sure thats right?!

yes it is, as teams from the CL knock out rounds and the bottom finishing group teams drop into the UEFA cup.

so if he plays he can'tplay for us in europe.

Yup. As soon as a player plays an international cupmatch for a club.. he can't represent another club in europe that season. Doesn't matter if it's CL, Uefa-Cup or Intertoto.

if he went to fenerbache to actually play games, then the squad merry-go-round at upton park is unlikely to be seen as ideal.

turkey isnt a massive league in terms of wages either, i wonder what rate he is on and would expect in the PL.

I wonder what West Ham would offer him?

It'll be hard to compete with the eggman's biscuit billions.

hate to be such the pessimist but the way things have gone the last couple weeks i see us agreeing to terms with him but somehow not getting the proper paperwork filed in time HA.

from what everyone is saying though, what an addition he would be! can only hope ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.