Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

All donation will be returned.

Hello everyone.

Thanks to everyone who got involved in the process of raising money. Its something i know Illmari was incredibly thankful for.

I just want to give an update and provide some transparency on the entire process. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be good news. We've not heard from Illmari for over a month, and a mistake in the funding process saw all donations returned to the donors, i wish to apologise for this, as this was my fault and i'll have to live with this mistake, i genuinely feel dreadful for not managing this process more efficiently and ensuring illmari had the funds quicker.

I had Skype calls with Illmari in late December 2021 and he provided various updates on his condition, he told he was stopping chemotherapy in favour of other treatments.

Quote from him (September):

"I'd like to thank everyone involved. The level of support has been absolutely overwhelming and humbling.

Tomorrow I'll get a CT scan and the results agonizing ten days later. I don't really expect much of these scans as the doctors I've consulted don't really think my current regime will work out, but let's hope for the best.

I have got a biopsy taken from one my fast growing tumours and will get results from that in two - three weeks. It will go through Foundation One CDx and PD-L1 genetic analysis which will report possible useful mutations the tumour has that can possibly be targeted for treatment."

As it stands, i have no other means to contact him thus will be closing this fundraiser.

Thank you, and once again please accept my apologies for this mistake.

It's being looked into by Bryan as he set it up, as it stands it hasn't been refunded for the reason people fear, more an admin issue and might have to set it up again and get people to re-donate.

They're trying to get hold of SMF to see how he is. I'm sure they'll re-post the link if it gets setup again.

ah jesus. cancer is utterly awful

rip mate x

Status
Not open for further replies.