Match Thread Apollon Limassol - EL 6pm 07.12.17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Might get the best out of Klaassen with Vlasic and Lookman either side of him. Out of everyone I hope he does his cause some good, feel sorry for the guy.

The presence of the youngsters is exciting , but has to be put into perspective that some of these are not even our best youngsters e.g. Denny and Duke-McKenna and shouldn’t be anywhere near a first team squad yet. The Europa squad has been a mess and the rules surrounding eligibility have compounded it such that the reality is that these are the only players available , while better youngsters like Walsh, Gibson , Garbutt , Adeniran are not eligible and are left at home. Antony Evans is the only one left behind who puzzles me, there is literally nobody else left.

If the reports are correct of Beni , Charsley being the full backs it will be interesting to see how they cope and the prospect of Anthony Gordon , Fraser Hornby and Michael Collins getting some game time is genuinely exciting for me and makes the match worth watching for that alone, but people will need to keep expectations reigned in.

The presence of the youngsters is exciting , but has to be put into perspective that some of these are not even our best youngsters e.g. Denny and Duke-McKenna and shouldn’t be anywhere near a first team squad yet. The Europa squad has been a mess and the rules surrounding eligibility have compounded it such that the reality is that these are the only players available , while better youngsters like Walsh, Gibson , Garbutt , Adeniran are not eligible and are left at home. Antony Evans is the only one left behind who puzzles me, there is literally nobody else left.

If the reports are correct of Beni , Charsley being the full backs it will be interesting to see how they cope and the prospect of Anthony Gordon , Fraser Hornby and Michael Collins getting some game time is genuinely exciting for me and makes the match worth watching for that alone, but people will need to keep expectations reigned in.

...perhaps one for the youth thread, but I understand Evans impressed at full back this week. Strangely, many of the great full backs of yesteryear were converted forwards (Ray Wilson, Tommy Wright et al) and there are examples in the modern game with Valencia at United a prime example.

Another consideration, sometimes a club will treat it as a last throw of the dice to switch a player to an entirely different position. I’m not saying it’s the case with Evans because he’s impressed, but it does happen.

BT will be annoyed after paying to show us on tv and aside from the fact we have been useless in Europe, we are now sending our second string/youth to play. Can’t imagine particularly high viewing figures for them.

BT will be annoyed after paying to show us on tv and aside from the fact we have been useless in Europe, we are now sending our second string/youth to play. Can’t imagine particularly high viewing figures for them.

most none everton fans wont know we're sending out an underage team, a lot of evertonians wont even know know until they switch on.

According to the blueroom podcast, you need to be at the club for at least 2yrs with out a break away, Including loans. So that rules evans out as he was at morecambe last season

Status
Not open for further replies.