2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know but another way I can put it is Gordon has 3 more goals despite starting nearly 3 times as many games and it doesn't look nearly as shiny.

I just think a lot of arguments in Gordon's favor here are things I don't believe in, your usual x team must know something if they're spending that some and the he'd do better with better players type stuff that for me is pretty unconvincing. If you can't construct a case for his personal play that says he's worth at least 30m today without the potential tossed in then you should be getting this deal done. Amd I don't see that case.

Well the problem is, the maths is wrong.

They've made comparable appearances, and Gordon has 400% more goals and is younger.

I'm not sure why you feel I need to construct a case for Gordon mate. I'm not his agent. It means sweet f/a as well, as professionals who are highly paid to do this stuff have placed a value of at least 45m on him. Nothing I can say holds weight to that.

Absolutely. Look how firm Leicester have been with Fofana or Brighton with Cucurella. That's the kind of money we should be demanding.

Leicester and Brighton stand up for themselves, but Everton shouldn't?
Everton have declined one bid of £45m and, if the reports are to be believed, another of £40m.

What are you on about? The stance is they don't want to sell... but like any club with any player, there'll be a valuation that if it's met, then they'll come to the table.

Do you think an offer of £55m for a lad with half a decent season in a crap team, who has scored 4 goals - 1 of which shouldn't even have counted as his - is a low-ball offer?

I really rate Gordon, but bloody hell.

Well the problem is, the maths is wrong.

They've made comparable appearances, and Gordon has 400% more goals and is younger.

I'm not sure why you feel I need to construct a case for Gordon mate. I'm not his agent. It means sweet f/a as well, as professionals who are highly paid to do this stuff have placed a value of at least 45m on him. Nothing I can say holds weight to that.
Starts does not equal appearances. I used the word starts for a reason.

Every single person involved in this deal to this point is freaking nuts. I don't care how much they're paid. No reason to offer that much, no reason to rebuff it, no reason to come back, no reason to say no again.

It’s not long before someone comes out with the “Lampard is clearly helping Chelsea by selling our star player to them, he hates us the Tory Biff”
45m in the bank and Lampard chased off for someone who can actually develop the squad? I've seen worse.

This is mostly a joke btw, Frank has time from me because we are starting to look better. But win a match ffs.

Starts does not equal appearances. I used the word starts for a reason.

Every single person involved in this deal to this point is freaking nuts. I don't care how much they're paid. No reason to offer that much, no reason to rebuff it, no reason to come back, no reason to say no again.
I only disagree in the sense that if Everton have a valuation, however crazy it may be (because they don't want or need to sell), then they have every right to stick to it.

If Chelsea, or another club, want to pay it, then that's fine.

tbf he's said numerous times he wants to stay at Barca, in public
Sorry I didn't know that, mind you I can't blame him if he has. Don't think any top player would want to go to United, he probably thinks he's better off staying at the basket case club he's already at. Better the devil you know.

45m in the bank and Lampard chased off for someone who can actually develop the squad? I've seen worse.

This is mostly a joke btw, Frank has time from me because we are starting to look better. But win a match ffs.
It’s almost like there’s a plan on the horizon and he’s trying to get there.

I’m happy to see how it pans out

Status
Not open for further replies.