2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how this can possibly be true
Because the club haven't been planning on selling Gordon, friend, and still aren't it would seem, or they'd have accepted the first bid that came in. So their approach remains the same as it has been for the last few weeks - look to bolster certain areas of the squad within the financial limits they have.

If Chelsea meet a crazy valuation for Gordon, then that changes things.

It's very simple. And just because you or I can agree that Gordon isn't a £50m or £60m player, the club can value him at what they want, and if Chelsea are willing to pay it, then that's the right thing to do.

Because the club haven't been planning on selling Gordon, friend, and still aren't it would seem, or they'd have accepted the first bid that came in. So their approach remains the same as it has been for the last few weeks - look to bolster certain areas of the squad within the financial limits they have.

If Chelsea meet a crazy valuation for Gordon, then that changes things.

It's very simple. And just because you or I can agree that Gordon isn't a £50m or £60m player, the club can value him at what they want, and if Chelsea are willing to pay it, then that's the right thing to do.
No they can't value him at whatever they want because not taking 45m for a 25m or even 35m prospect is horrible business. Having realistic values is something that matters a lot to a club that is going to have to sell players and reinvest.

Add in that we are already in financial hardships and need basically a whole new squad still and it is even more crucial that we have the ability to understand what players are worth.

Chelsea might pay it anyway and that would be awesome. They also might not and then you're very much in a spot of bother with no money to get out of it. It would be different if you could rely on the player to play at a high level but can we actually do that with Gordon?

Gordon's agent was in London a week ago looking at properties for him. Defo doesn't wanna leave though...

There is no smoke without fire mate, this deal was probably done weeks ago, just playing out the drama for tv and Everton fans, we will probably get £50m and it will be made out to be a great victory for Everton, similar to the Rooney deal.. What matters to me is who he is replaced by nothing else.

No they can't value him at whatever they want because not taking 45m for a 25m or even 35m prospect is horrible business. Having realistic values is something that matters a lot to a club that is going to have to sell players and reinvest.

Add in that we are already in financial hardships and need basically a whole new squad still and it is even more crucial that we have the ability to understand what players are worth.

Chelsea might pay it anyway and that would be awesome. They also might not and then you're very much in a spot of bother with no money to get out of it. It would be different if you could rely on the player to play at a high level but can we actually do that with Gordon?
But they can value him at whatever they want...

They 'wanted' to value him at £50m, it would seem, because they had no need to sell. Yet it looks like Chelsea might well end up offering very close to that. So it will prove to be absolutely the right decision.

There's absolutely no need to just cave and sell at the first offer, especially if there is an anticipation that the interested party will return.

Like I said, Chelsea have just paid £62m for a decent LB, even though City had dropped out of the equation after Brighton wanted more than £40-45m. They were bidding against themselves.

Rumour coming from inside the club is that he turned down the new contract after Everton refused to include copious amounts of blonde hair dye.

Apparently his hair reverts back to its original colour within 24hrs after application, requiring excessive maintenance.

The finch farm blue bin is now constantly full of empty hair dye packaging which conflicts with Michael Keane's soy milk consumption.

I bet Chelsea have better in their youth. The fact Gordon has been fast tracked to the first team is a lot to do with the dross we have rather than him being a 50m player. Pity hes had to play out of position the last 2 games. Let's see how he does on the wing.

He's on his way to Chelsea as we speak

FHpKmrYtFqpu2ALrMqeBYV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.