2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean we went to Burnley for Cornet and came home with McNeill. Lads are posting stats of Townsend and Gray, telling us not to stress and panic the two lads have this.

Remember last year when people were saying be great thing shifting out Jamo Rodriguez, because we got great value in Townsend and Gray ,we really kicked on didnt we.

WTF has happened to us.

Amazing really almost like Deja-Vu

Discuss Demba Ba and get Lukaku ;)
Discuss Cornet and get McNeil ;)

Fantastic business :)

Finally we look like we have a talented DOF.

Biggest mistake you could make this late into the window this tbh.

Lampard will be Crucified for it, and rightly so he's you're best young talent, lampard has to fight to keep him.

But If Club want money, his hands are tied, on top of that do you lot trust you're board to find the right replacement? And paying the right price.

Who 'crucifies' Lampard ?

Lampard should be untouchable. He's the way forward.

£43mil for Gordon is madness...it's like offering £43mil for Nketiah lol

I think freakish might be overstating it but I'll toss some names out and you decide if they fit what you're looking for.

The post Richarlison list I made which I think is useful still here had Sinisterra and Lewis-Potter who moved to PL clubs already. The other names I still like are Hudson-Odoi, Sofiane Diop, Amine Gouiri and Kamaldeen Sulemana (h/t @MikelsGoat)

Theres plenty that become attainable...

Evanilson, Sulemana, Doku, Gouiri, David, Cherki to throw in 6 names from Europe.

If we could somehow leverage 2 of them for Gordon's fee...

...or get Broja / Gallagher thrown in...

...i'd be very happy.

Id like us to somehow keep Gordon and bring in 2 forward players and a DM/CM

But if we cant do that then £50mil would be insane money for him.

I could see him being at Chelsea for 2 seasons and then they offer us Gordon + cash for Patterson.

This deal at £50mil is a no brainer.

Evanilson, Sulemana, Doku, Gouiri, David, Cherki to throw in 6 names from Europe.

...i'd be very happy.
Lampard is untouchable is a wild take, but aside from that yes

What about sarr from Watford as a replacement once they’ve sorted the striker
Not for me

If we sell Gordon we need a right-footed player who plays from the left. Sarr is right footed, but he struggles on the left and, like Adama Traore, is really only comfortable using his pace to try and run on the outside, so he's more like an old fashioned right winger.

We have McNeil who will be the player we use from the right hand side, so any target needs to be one who's a more developed goal threat than Gordon from the left. If that Terrier link the other week was real, then he'd seem an obvious one

I think freakish might be overstating it but I'll toss some names out and you decide if they fit what you're looking for.

The post Richarlison list I made which I think is useful still here had Sinisterra and Lewis-Potter who moved to PL clubs already. The other names I still like are Hudson-Odoi, Sofiane Diop, Amine Gouiri and Kamaldeen Sulemana (h/t @MikelsGoat)
Gouiri is a delightful little player, but with the injury problems he's had I can't see him fitting the "robust" criteria we have in place for new signings

...i'd be very happy.
David as in Jonathan David? Zero chance

Status
Not open for further replies.