2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
@blueloon how do you feel that you sponsored the thread of this sausage?
Very happy to have sponsorEd him mate . There were a few doubters when I first sponsored him years ago, but fact remains in recent years he’s one of only three Academy products ( Kenny, Davies the others) to play 50 first team games for us and we’ve got £45 mill for him. The blow has been softened by @GrandOldTeam ’s negotiating skills to get 0.001 % of the transfer fee for GOT sponsoring him and I get 10% of that , £450 , so I’m happy ?

I think it's really unfair that we judge players based on their fashion and car choices.
there are plenty of really super hard working talented players who ALSO spend tonnes of money on cars and questionable fashion choices.
the more serious issue is that we are irritated when local players don't literally bleed for us, and don't become world superstars, with a background from somewhere near GOodison. We're still scarred by Barkley and Rooney, and the closest we have had to local successes have been Baines, Osman and Coleman who turned blue.
The more serious thing to criticise him on is that he's hyped and apparently a young superstar, but players of his age are at least scoring and Assisting around 10 'contributions' per season, and having a bit more influence, at least from the bench or something. If Foden in England and Mbappe in the world are the benchmarks, then £40m is an amazing return for someone like Gordon. I wish, like the Red Bull group and Dortmund, we could get 2-3 seasons out of our young players before moving them on, but we don't seem to have the skill to develop a system.

I think any real judgment on this deal could only be made in 12 months time. As with most things, only time will tell. The only definitive conclusion that can be taken from the deal at this point is that as a club we don't have the systems, staff, expertise etc to develop talent beyond the raw basics. Other players/agents etc most certainly will note this.

COYB!

John.

Newcastle swoop in and simply take our prized asset. Its what bigger clubs do we need to accept it.
We’re 19th we don’t have a prized asset up front, clearly if anyone is it’s Pickford and Onana. Newcastle have come along and overpaid for the third or fourth choice winger in the second worst attacking side in the league.

Spurs in the summer simply swooped in and took our prized asset in Richarlison, them or United will probably do it again in the summer with Pickford. It happens.

If a club wants to be stupid enough to pay £40m for Anthony Gordon, a winger with more yellow cards than goals or assists, then be our guest, speaking of being our guest, funny you’re a new account with “toon” in the name and you’re trying to make it seem like Newcastle are a bigger club that us, despite y’know literally every single fact saying otherwise.

Good luck spending your blood money, just know you’ll never be a club as illustrious as Everton, despite how much the media want to blow smoke up your arse.

Newcastle are and always will be a small club that never achieved anything, Newcastle’s 2 biggest achievements in its entire history are 1. Having a big stadium when you’re the only club in your city 2. A funny Kevin Keegan interview. That’s your legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.