2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel relief, honestly.

When we kept hold of him in the Summer I thought we had blown it.

The lad does have potential, hes had some very good games and he could very well turn into a 40m pound player, but I cant see him getting higher than that, so IMO we got his peak price.

The future will judge that statement.

But still, made up hes gone, just hope we dont spunk the money yet again.
Totally agree with this - you look at Gordon, looking for something exceptional, that will confirm his talent. Yes, he's slippery over five yards, changes direction and so on, but he never seems to really threaten the goal. Weak shot, for sure. As you say, maybe he'll become a killer winger or something.
But Everton also have a decent history of selling homegrown players who ultimately flattered to deceive....Jeffers, Rodwell, etc....

40 mil., for at person who made close to no difference on the pitch, and acted like a complete asshole when pressured the slightest.

I'd take that, even if we go down. What an asshat.
I blame Lampard he turned him into an arrogant kid and then turned around and bleached his hair. Lampard is the biggest mistake this club has ever made. He worse than Benitez?

This is a joke we are in a relegation battle and we are selling a player worth 50M? If he's worth that much then surely a competent manager like Dyche can get something from him, what the hell is going on at this club?

This is a joke we are in a relegation battle and we are selling a player worth 50M? If he's worth that much then surely a competent manager like Dyche can get something from him, what the hell is going on at this club?
Whilst I believe there’s some merit in this argument (conceptually at least), the simple fact is that Gordon has not looked like a £50m player at Everton for some time. We’ve also got problems all over the park, and are up against it with respect to FFP rules. As such, getting £50m for an arrogant little blert like Gordon - provided it is reinvested in the team before this window slams shut - is probably the best bit of business we can do right now. And by God, it depresses me to write that.

Then why are Newcastle paying this kind of money, Lampard was a fraud talked a good game but hadnt a clue how to manage players its coming home to roost now, Gordon is one of the brightest young talents in the English game, lets stop this nonsense

AND a sell on clause?!

Thats a very tongue in cheek part of the deal lol

So according to reports, the deal is like this for us:

£40m up front (£5m add-ons)
forced him to submit a transfer request
sell-on clause

If true, that is a mind-bogglingly good job by Thelwell & co. Had to check my calendar to make sure I hadn't accidentally gone Rip Van Winkle until April 1st.

Unbelievable

Chelsea offered 60million last summer.
Try £25mil

Status
Not open for further replies.