2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can’t wait for the “I probably should have stayed at Everton for a couple more seasons” interview he will do in a few years time when he is on his 2nd loan stint at Bologna.
I can see him doing really well there, he will get to work with an actual coach, in a team playing attacking and much better football.
Personally I thought Barkley was a much better player but I think Gordon’s career will end up a lot more successful.
I hold no grudge to him, we both done well from the deal.

20230128_185428.jpg

I just find him so cringe

Not so. As I've posted previously look at the maturity of the 21yr olds at clubs like Arsenal. The bar has been raises by a generation of more level headed players focused on improving their craft rather than dying their hair and behaving like a tit.
Mature 21 year old footballers is not a new concept though. At 21 a footballer should be treated and have the same expectations as any other member of the team. When I saw us batter Man Utd 5-0 in October '84 that team that went on to win the league had three 21-year olds delivering a fantastic mature performance (Stevens, Mountfield and Steven). 22-year old Paul Bracewell was bossing midfield (alongside the oldest member of that team - Reid at 28). The rest of our defence was made up by two 23-year olds (Ratcliffe and Van den Hauwe) with another 23 year old Heath partnering a 24-year old Sharp. Sheedy (25) was the only other outfield player not in their early 20s. Another player, not in the squad that day but helping us win the F.A. Cup Final a few months earlier was also only 21 - Kevin Richardson. Accepting poor standards of performance and conduct just because a player is in their early 20s just seems bizarre to me. If they're in the first team they should be professional. I cheered Gordon on last season when his efforts helped us stay up but he seems to have taken a backwards step in maturity and professionalism since then. Glad he's gone.

View attachment 202635

I just find him so cringe
I’m actually happy for him. Happy for him to go there and for everyone to realise how poor he actually is. He will come unstuck. I’ve never seen a winger like him who can’t run, can’t dribble, can’t cross, can’t head and can’t shoot. Let’s see how long it takes Newcastle fans to go ‘jeeeezzzzzz this guy was 40million’.

Status
Not open for further replies.