2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry that’s just pure fantasy.

Without Richarlison and Pickford we would have been playing championship football, Gordon was ok, but let’s not go overboard.
You think we stay up if AG was injured last season? Agree with you also with Pickford and Richarlison but it's the sum of the parts and some parts are more vital than others. AG was the Playrs Player of the Season. But he's rubbish!!!!!!!

I remember how soul destroying it was the day we sold Rooney. Before anyone starts I'm not comparing Rooney to AG...the similarity is that they were the players with most or a lot of talent in the respective squads at the time. Now this selling our talent seems to be the norm. To read some of the comments on AG is very sad. Without him last season we are playing Championship football. Two games into the season and a lot of opinions have changed. Dare I say it if he scored yesterday this thread may look very different.

I'd say it's part of the aftermath from last season. We're a spent force that came to ahead and the whole squad is up for sale in my view.

No surprise our "talents" would be picked off because...why wouldn't they?

Richy's gone. If Dom was back to full fitness and stayed that way before the season started, he'd no doubt be in a bidding war. And with him a lot of people would "drive him there myself". Yet Gordon is the sacred one..

Not for me. All go for a price.

Obviously if Chelsea are going to spend big money on Gordon they are going to play him, that isn’t the case for Gallagher,Broja,odoi,Barkley or Bats. So one of those could be a loan to buy (agreed price now) they want Gordon because they know Newcastle and Spurs are sniffing around him.
Quite possibly, but I doubt Everton would agree to a "Give him us for £40m instead of £50m and you can have X on loan" deal because that's £10m less profit on paper, which, in our position, is huge.

The growing abuse the lad has been getting, I wouldn't blame him for getting off to Chelsea.

No doubt the same ones slaughtering him will be calling him a 'rat' if he left and boo him whenever he plays against us.

He can't be as bad as the social media 'experts' make out when a club who won the Champions League just over a year ago comes in for him.

Last edited:

The trouble is with young players, is that they’re either the second coming or useless.

gordon is neither. He’s a reasonably good wide forward. Our best one. So, I really struggle to see why we’d sell him.

Especially to replace him with Batshauyi who…. Isn’t very good. He’s never scored goals in england, would demand big wages and is nearly 29.

it makes NO sense

Status
Not open for further replies.